Chapter 25: Home

The last time I saw my Fathers home I was ten. My mother was carrying me away, telling me I never had to go back. I took comfort in her words then. And now I wonder, am I being forced to go? Or am I choosing to go? No one ever said I had to come here. Dad just said he wanted me to stay for a week. I think I can survive a week.

With my bag hanging on my wheelchair, I took a deep breath and wheeled myself into the yard. Reene was sitting on the porch waiting for me. I've always liked Reene. She's so pretty. Her light purple hair was pulled back, with a line of cherry blossoms adorning the section. The kimono she wore was quiet nice as well.

She's always been nice to me. So no reason to hate her. She smiled at me and got up.

"Hello Steffie. It's been awhile. How are you feeling today?" Reene said.

"I'm doing very well, thank you." She wheeled me into the house and into the kitchen. The tea kettle was just sounding when we got there. Reene filled two cups and set them down.

"Silvia should be getting home from school soon. And Hyan had to go do something with your Father so they won't be home for awhile."

Good. I won't have to deal with Hyan for another few hours. And if I stay near Reene Silvia won't be to much of a problem either. I think.

So I sat and talked with Reene for awhile. It was nice. A lot like talking to my Mom. She told stories about silly things my Dad has done and a lot about what all Silvia has been getting into. I really enjoyed her discripion of Hyan. I'm not the only one who thinks he's a fluffy gay wad! Yay!

Silvia walked into the kitchen, not at all pleasent, and waved. See, Silvia looks almost nothing like her Mother. She has dark eyes and hair with an unhappy exprestion always playing on her face.

"Hi sweetie. How was your day?" Reene asked.

"Fine." Silvia spat. She walked out and up the strairs. I could clearly hear her door slam shut. Reene sipped her tea like she heard nothing. Denial?

Turns out that Reene was wrong about Hyan and Dad being awhile. They were next to walk in. Hyan was laughing at something Dad had said.

"Hello Jill. Prince Hyan."

"Sup."

"That is not a proper greting Stephanie." Father scoled.

"I care?"

"You should. Tomorrow starts your manners class right away. this is horrible."

"Yeah yeah. I'm crude, unorganized, and strange. But i'm fun." I need to get that on a T-shirt.