Chapter 20: Together... with drugs

Have you ever had one of those days where things just seem really fucked up when really you should have seen it coming? Oh that is like my whole life right there! But seriously. When I woke up I was laying in a very uncomfortable hospital bed with something wrapped around my head and humongous cast on my left arm, a splint tied to my left leg, more wrapping around my middle (Great. Brooken ribs. Oh joy -_-*) and stiches in many places. Wow. I've been fucked up before, but this is fucked up.

I groanned and looked around with hazy eyes. Wait. Who's that? And why the fuck is he leaned over Sasuke like that? Shit! He's a child molester!

"Hey, fuck up! Get away from my friend!" I screamed. Of course with me being happily drugged is came out as a gruggly mumble. The dude didn't even turn around. He started to get closer but then Kakashi burst in and the dude fucking jumps out a window. Who does that?

So i'm laying there, i've got this total WTF look on my face, and I'm high on pain killers. Believe it or not this doesn't seem that weird to me. I mean, yeah the guy jumpping out the window was like Huh? but the drugs are helpping out a bit here. No after about three days of being friends with Sasuke you get used to people either trying to kill him or glomp him.

Kakashi noticed I was awake and kneeled down.

"Stephanie, diid you see what he was trying to do?" He asked in a very stern voice. I shook my head knowing now that I couldn't talk, I could only gurgle.

"Damn." He rushed out of the room, leaving me alone with a sleeping Sasuke.

"What the Fuck?" I gurgled.

I sat up and tried to stand but failed miserably when weight went to my-I guess brooken- leg. So instead I sat there and looked out the window across the room. Some one walked in after awhile. Yay! It's Gaara! Thank the lord for pain killers.

"Gaara-kun!" I managed. He look surprised to see me awake. And hangin out with the clouds.

"Stephanie, how are you doing? Anything hurt right now?" He asked worriedly.

"Imma fine! Kinda thursty. Can you get me a cherry Pepsi? Please?!" Only half of it was gurgled but he understood and pulled a can out of his pocket. Does he know me or what? I couldn't pop the top so Gaara did it for me and gave me a straw. I didn't mind. To out of it to care.

"Stephanie? Can you fully understand me right now and keep attention?" I nodded with a big smile. "Good. I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. Stephanie, pay attention. I love you with my entire heart. I don't want to lose you. Stephanie, will you please be my girlfriend again?" He was being so sincere. It was adorable! I nodded happily at a picture of him as a kitty.

"Yeah! But can you do something for me?"

"Anything."

"Be a kitty!"

He gave this O-K then look. But he did some hand signs and turnned into a pretty bright red kitty. He jumpped into my lap and currled up. I scratched his ears and cuddled him until I floated into a sillent cumfy half sleep. Gaara climbbed out of my hands and turnned to himself again and watched over me for awhile. I heard more people come in. Turnned out to be Naruto and Shikamaru.

"There you are! If you dare try and hurt Steffie I swear to God-!" Naruto was cut off by Gaara shushing him.

"You're going to wake her up."

"I don't trust you. Not after what you tried to do to bushy brow." Naruto growled lowly.

"I already explained what I was doing to him but be assured no harm will come of Stephanie." It was sillent for awhile. None of them spoke. "Why are you so concerned for her well being?"

"That's a stupid question. She is my best friend and I love her more than any one in the world. She was my first friend and she knows me better than anyone. Steffie has always been there for me and I want to be there for her. She makes me stronger."

"How can a person make you stronger?"

"It's hard to explain. Sometimes they make you so stronge you can beat anyone. And sometimes they can make you weak. It all deepends on the situation."

"So, people can make you strong or weak. That doesn't make much sense."

"Yeah I know. Well I can see that Steffie is safe with you. But I have my eye on you. Remember that."

Naruto you worry wort. I'm happy now! Yeah! Drugs rule.