Chapter 21: Forgot

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"I know right? He used an illegal move. Actually he's in prison right now." Sakura was sitting in the shared room with me and Sasuke.

"Wait wait wait. So your telling me that I got put into the hospital with a mildconcussion, threebrokenribs, a crushed arm, abrokenleg, and fifty-two stitches all together but I WON that match?" Sakura nodded. Holy crap! This is like, fucking awsomeness right there.

I'm wanting to jump for joy right now, but saddly can't. Good thing the next part to the chunnin exams is three months away.

"Good thing he's in jail. I want to kick his ass for breaking your bones like that." Sasuke said.

"Sasuke, you've broken more bones in my body-"

"Yeah, I know but those were acidental. Or I was trying to piss you off. Either way, I only think it's alright if I'm the one who broke it. Then I know it was good nature."

Right. anyway, Sakura stayed for awhile but then got up and left with Sasuke who was allowed to leave. So now I have the room to myslef. ....Okay.... Well this is boring. Gaara came in around noon to visit me. He greeted me with a warm smile and hug. Okay then, what the fuck is going on. Last I remember, he was totally pissed at me. Now he seems.... I don't know the proper word for this.

"How are you feeling today Stephanie?" He asked.

"Uh... fine. Alittle stiff. But fine. And... you?"

"I'm good. So, earlier I was talking to Kankuro and he said...."

I nodded and listened to him talk, laughing occasinally, but mostly just thinking what the hell. Gaara was either in a really good mood today or he forgave me at some point in time. So, yeah. Who wants a cookie?

Gaara must have saw the hiddin confusion on my face. "Stephanie, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Uh, nothing's wrong, Gaara." I said deffencivly.

"I kow you better than that. What's up?"

"Well to be truthfully honest, I have no idea what's going on right now." Now it was Gaara's turn to give the confused look. "I mean, last I knew you were pissed at me and didn't want to talk to me. Now your in here being all loving and happy. If that doesn't spell weird I don't know what does."

"What do you mean. Stephanie, our talk yesterday, and everything. Do you think it was a joke?" He was starting to get mad again. Damn it all.

"What talk? Gaara, I have no idea what you are talking about." He stood up with a furous look.

"Well fine! If your going to be like that then theres nothing left for us!" He stomped out of the room in huff. This again? Why? I got up on my good leg and tryed to get over to the door. I worked hard to follow Gaara down the hall as far as I did before a nurse stopped me.

"Miss Gyno! What on earth are you doing up?!" She grabbed my arm but I shook her off.

"Let go of me. Gaara! Gaara wait! AHHHHH!!!!" I screamed from pain when my broken leg had weight added to it. The nurse kept me steady. A passing doctor saw me and rushed to my side.

"Miss Gyno, you can't be out of bed yet. Those pain killers we gave you yesterday are strong and can make you lose memory at certain times. If your up and about when your memory lapses you might forget you have major injuries. Minna, get her back to bed."

"Yes sir." The nurse attenpted to pull me back to my room, but again I shook her off.

"I said let go of me! I'm not going back to bed until-" Suddenly I was lifted off the ground. Gaara's exprestion was soft and kind as I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Don't worry, i'll take care of her." He started walking down the hall back to the room. Of course it wasn't that far away so the walk was relativly short. When I was back in bed Gaara sat on the dege next to me.

"I always seem to get mad at you without first asking questions, don't I?" I nodded. "I bet we could avoid a lot of fights if I just learned that everything is not as it seems. I'll say this as many times as I have to. Even if you forget about it tomorrow." He pulled me in for a hug. "I love you Stephanie. So very much."

I kinda figured earlier that something like this was what had happened. The doctor came in with a status sheet.

"Good afternoon miss Gyno. Do you have any pain? Or any discomfort?" He asked.

"Not really. I'm just a little stiff from laying bed all day."

The doctor made some notes then put his clipboard down. "Alright. Now there is some good news and bad news. The bad news is, you may never be able to be a ninja again."

My mouth fell open with a pop.

"But the good news is, there's a special surgery you can have done so that you can train again."

"Well that's great! Give me the surgery! There's no way i'm ending my career now."

"Wait, you havn't heard the whole thing yet. If you have the surgery there is a slim chance that you could die. It's an unperfected surgery i'm afraid. Only about 10% chance of death though."

"Sign me up for it. Contact my Mother, do what ever you have to, I want to be a ninja."

"Stephanie no." Gaara said. "I can't let you have a surgery done that could kill you just because you want to be a ninja. It's not worth it."

"Gaara, it every bit worth it. I'm not going to be a house wife when I grow up."

"No. And that's final."

My ass it's final