Chapter 13: Fear

"Okay, well I guess I should go first. When I was ten my Dad remarried a very nice and kind lady named Renne. But she has atormentordaughter named Silvia. Once when I went to visit for the weekend I think I was there for maybe three hours before Silvia pushed me into the basement and locked the door. Of course the house was new and the basement didn't have any lights, which I've always been afraid of the dark. It's my greatest fear. I remember pounding on the door and screaming for them to let me out. Silvia had told them that I hadpurposelylockedmyselfin there to get attention. I was in that basement for two days until my Mom came to get me. She found me and pulled me into her arms. I told them what Silvia had done, and she broke down crying saying how she hadn't done it, and of course Dad and Renne belived her. I never went back to visit them after that. And now everytime I'm in locked room, I remember what Silvia had done to me and the fear I had." I smiled at a stupid thought.

"I gues no matter how tough I try to be I will always be afraid." I felt Gaara's arms around me.

"Steffie, you probebly the toughest girl I have ever met. You had a tramatic experiance. It's only natural for you to be afraid." His arms tightened around me. "I'm afraid."

"You? Afraid of something?"

"Yes. I'm afraid of being alone. Before I was born my Father placed a sand demon named Shukaku inside of me. My Mother died giving birth to me because of the tremendous pain. My Father taught me how to fight, making me theultimate weapon. By age six I was named to powerful and Father ordered for my death. I was known as a monster by everyone, no one wanted to be around me. It seemed that the only person I had in the world was my Uncle Yashimaru. He was so kind to me. But then when I was ten hetriedto kill me. He had theoptionto say no, but secretly he had hated me all along because I had killed his sister, my mother. It was then that I relised I was alone and that no one loved me or ever would so long as I had the Shukaku demon inside of me."

"You have a demon in you?" I asked. He nodded solomly "That is so cool! Hey, did you know Naruto has a demon to? It's a fox! What's yours?" I asked excitedly.

He was giving me this look like 'You should be freaked out. Why aren't you freaked out?' "Uh...A badger."

"Hmm. Not as cool as a fox but still pretty awsome. Why didn't you tell me this earlier? It's like sweet! Can you talk to him? Naruto can only hear his kuybi when he's almost out of chakara."

"Yeah I can hear him. All the time actually. He's a bit of a pervert." I laughed at this.

"It sounds more like he should have been put in your brother then."

He smiled full on at me and chuckled lightly. "I have often times said that exact same thing."

"Hey! Your smiling! Hold that pose." II ran to my bag and fished out a camera quickly taking a picture before he could ruin it by asking me what the hell I was doing.

"Stephanie, you are so weird."

"Thank you. I take pride in my weirdness."

The sun had started to go down a long time ago leaving the light in my room very dim. With the setting sun I knew I was going to have to go to bed soon. And that would mean Gaara would have to leave. I don't want to be alone again. Well then ask him to stay the night in here. There's more than one bed. But that might seem just a little weird. And where the hell are Gina and Kiskae?!

As if reading my mind Gaara said "Your friends are staying in another room until your quarintie time is over. I'm the only one alowed in here at the moment."

"Why only you?"

"Because my sand will protect me no matter what. So if the poison over takes you you can't hurt me."

Makes sense. I looked out the window again, at the darkened sky. The moon was full and bright casting a nice light over the sleeping world. I felt Gaara step away from me. Was he leaving?

When I turned I saw him lean on the open window sill and hold a hand out to me. I gave him a questioning look. "Hows about we go on the roof? I think your safe enough."

I smiled brightly at him and took his hand. He helpped me up to the patch of roof just above the window. We didn't go very far. The stars were beautiful. The full moon is what held my attention for the longest time though. I have always loved the moon. It's just so pretty.

Gaara got in my line of vision cutting out the sight of the moon. He was grinning weirdly at me. Alrightly then. Is it just me or does he have a sort of rape face on? His face got closer and closer until his lips were right by my ear.

"You look very nice to night Stephanie." He purred. My face got really hot, but I tryed to keep an I don't care air about me. It was kinda hard to do. I mean I know i've been denying it but I really like Gaara. Hell maybe even love. And now here he is, whispering in my ear, telling me that I look nice. Yeah. You try staying strong during that.

He pushed me down gently and slowly so that I was on my back with him hovering slightly over me. "It's a fullmoon tonight. His blood get's excited during the fullmoon." He said. The perverts? Oh shit. Please don't rape me. Make out with, thats fine, but please don't rape me.

Hie lips fell on mine gently at first but then became harder and more feirce. I was melting into it all. His arms around me, the passion that surrounded us. All of it was jusr as it had been a few nights ago. The first kiss we had ever sharred. His tounge moved across my lips asking for entrance which I granted gladdly. This was nothing like kissing Naruto. With Naruto, we're just friends, there's no love to it, just care. This is passion between a little girl and a boy who never knew love.

He pulled away from me, his face a burning red that most likely matched mine. But then he smiled the same smile he had back in the room. I smiled right back snuggling into him as we lay on the roof top, his arms around me. It was so nice, to be like that. In his arms, falling asleep while he stroked my hair softly. It was the greatest, and no one can prove me wrong.