Chapter 9: Chunnin exams, Part 1

The sunlight shone brightly through my window in the morning. I can't believe it. It's finally here. The day of the first part of the chunnin exams. This is going to be so cool. I have been putting exatra training time in with Naruto since I first heard about it and then even more three days before with Gaara. There's no way I can fail this now. Well, unless part of it is a written test. Then i'm screwed.

I got up and changed into a pair of what look to be baggy pants but are actually very snug and a hot pink mid-driff jacket. And of course my Get-r-done hat. Like I would forget that. I left my hair down knowing full well that it wouldn't get in the way with my new hair cut. I had it cut above my shoulders just for the exams.

(Just a bit blonder hair)

I was down the stairs faster than anything and snagging a piece of toast that had just popped from the toaster. Mama gave me a strange look and laughed. Tohoru never looked up from his paper.

"Eager to get to the acadamy?" She asked.

I nodded as I spread hot sauce on my toast. I put it in my mouth grabbed my bag quickly hugged Mama and Tohoru before running out the door. The sun was bright and hot, but I ignored it as I ran down the street to meet up with Gina and Kiskae. They were both waiting at the big willow tree across from the acadamy. They both smiled when they saw me. It made me just a little sad to see Gina. Her eyesight as it is now couldn't have alowed her to see me from back here. Kiskae must have told her I was coming.

"Who's ready for the chunnin exams?!" I yelled happily.

"I!" Gina said.

"I!" Kiskae smiled broadly.

"Then lets go!" And we raced into the acadamy. There was a large group of people in front of the room we were sopposed to be in. Two older looking dudes stood in front of it.

"Come on let us pass!" Someone said. They argued for awhile. Blah blah blah. Thats when I relised we were on the SECOND floor. And the room number said 306 but didn't traditionally room begining with the number three sit on the third level. I'm so confused! Lordy lordy, and i'm sopposed to be taking the chunnin exams? Help.

Sasuke came up to the men now with Naruto and Sakura close by. I had to get closer to hear what they were saying. I got up there just in time to hear this.

"Who do you think your kidding? I noticed this right off the bat. Sakura. Your smartest one of us. I'm sure you knew the whole time too." Sasuke said.

"Yeah, of course I did. This IS only the second floor." She had a semi-grin on and the number above the door changed from a 306 to a 206. I WAS RIGHT!!!!! Yahoo! During my head party Naruto had some how gotten behind me and glomped me.

"Ur dead, you know that right?" I whispered mensingly to him.

"Yep! But I just had to do it!" He laughs.

We get up and go with the others to the third floor and the correct room for the exams. The doors are still locked when we get there. Everyone is sitting around board out of their minds. Well hell. This won't do. There needs to be fun. I look around for something to do and spot Gaara with his brother and sister. I wave them over.

"Yo. So you in this too Steffie. That's awsome." Kankuro said.

I nodded. "Yep. And whats better, i'm gonna kick some major ass and become a chunnin!" I looked up at Gaara who was smirkin at me. My cheeks got really warm as I thought about the night we held eachother and kissed until the sun came up. We never repeated the action or talked about it, but the whole thing had brought us closer together.

I smiled brightly at him and Naruto ended up glomping me again.

"NARUTO!" I screamed.

"ah-ohhh."

"Ah-oh is right! You better run if you wanna live!" I chased after him ready to pound the little turd. Just as I was about to get him a strong hand grabbed my jacket and pulled me to a stop. Naruto was stopped by the other hand.

"You two. Behave." A teachery like dude said.

"Yes sir." We said in deffet.

"Good. now get your butts in there and take your exam."

We walked in with the other people ready to go.