Chapter 38: Attack

I felt something in the air just didn't feel right from the moment I got up. it got worse as the day went on. Either something happened to someone I love, or something was going to. It was a scary feeling. But one that I would have to push off as a side focus. Today I have two things to do. I'm spending lunch and alittle bit after with Madoka and then I have Gaara for dinner and the rest of the night.

I had gone to see Gaara earlier, but only got to visit about five minutes before he was called into a meating. So now I'm sitting in a restrant with Madoka wondering what I should order.

"I want something smothered in chocolate!" She said.

"For lunch?" I paused really quick. "Where have you been all my life?" She laughed and waved down a waitress. She ordered a plate of fries and a glass of water. I on the other hand got a hot dog and rootbeer. Madoka is just one of the funniest and dorkiest people I have ever met. She's perfect! T.T So many years without another girlier me. She actually knows more about anime and manga than I do! Thats fuckin impossible!

But still, she's pretty damn cool. After lunch we went walking through town. She took me several places, telling me funny stories the whole time.

"Isn't this fun? oh I think we could do this every day." Madoka sat on a park bench and looked up at the sky.

"Oh totally." I looked around. "Madoka? How is it that your brother is such a fluffy little gaywad, yet you are so much fucking fun?"

"It's because Hyan thinks that cause he's a prince he can do as he wants and he will always get what he wants. Hell when he was five and he had just heard about the whole arrenged marriage thing he started planning it and saying how amazing it was going to be to be married to you. While I on the other hand acept the fact i'm a princess but I just don't really care. I hang out, have fun, and understand when I don't get my way. I'm a normal person. Thats the way I think. Hyan just thinks of himself as some one better."

In a way that made sense to me. Hyan is the oldest, spoiled, given more attention because he's going to be the next king. It has been put into his head that he's better than everyone else. While Madoka was born second. She watched her brother be spoiled and watched how he acted. That didn't look good to her and she became a princess of fun. She's like me.

I was about to ask her another question when a loud crash and boom sounded. Smoke? What the hell.

"Madoka, stay here. Something's wrong."

"Screw that, i'm coming with." I love this girl!

We ran until we found the sorce of the comotion. It was a blonde... was it a guy or chick? Well the what-ever, standing on what looked like a large clay bird. Gaara was fighting him. Shit.

"Okay, now stay here."

"Yeah, I think i'm gonna do that."

I jumpped up ready to help Gaara fight. The blonde person saw me and started throwing shit at me. I dodged everything and got up there with Gaara.

"What the hell are you doing? It's not safe Stephanie." Gaara said.

"Fuck that shit. I'm here to help and help I will."

"You can't. I would never forgive myself if you got hurt again." He wrapped me in sand and kissed my lips lightly. "Forgive me later."

"You little-" He had sand cover my mouth.

"What there are kids around."

"Fuffer fufer! Fitch!" I screamed. He lowered me to the crowd below. Madoka was the one who came to get me. I watched Gaara fight the guy with a growing itch to run up there. I was scared being forced to watch the man I love fight like that. Something happened. I don't know what. But next thing, Gaaras unconsiouse and being carried away. I struggled against the sand, screaming, tears starting to roll down my face. I screamed louder the farther away he got. I saw Kankuro and Temari go after them. Oh thank God.

Madoka got me up, only for me to hop in the direction they went. I was screaming and crying. Madoka stopped me.

"Steffie, stop. You can't do anything. Not wrapped up like that.Come on. Kankuro-san and Temari-chan will get him. lets get you out of that sand."

I knew she was trying to comfort me, But I knew somewhere deep in my heart that something was wrong. Horribly wrong. This was not going to have a very good ending.