CHapter 8: Kiss

This was something I was deffinatly not looking forward to. Mama has been very specific for years that I a to be home by five and if i'm going to be late call. Now here I stand,, eight at night, thinking weather or not I should just go to Gina's or Hinata's. No! I have to be strong and sneaky.

If I can just get upstairs in my room and then back downstairs looking like I had fallen asleep then all is well. But if I can't... let's just not go down that path unless we have to. I had just gotten to the base of the stairs when I heard her.

"Stephanie Alcot Gyno, where have you been?!" Mama screeched. I turnned with an absolutly terrified look on. She was standing there, hands on her hips, long blonde hair hanging around her thin body. She was giving mee thee worst death glare I had ever seen, causing me to think of the fraise, if looks could kill. I swear, my mom is the only person who can scare me.

"I don't wanna hear anything from you. Go to your room! No dinner, and no video games!" She pointed up the stairs and trudged up to my room. I stripped and ran into my bathroom for a long hot shower. I did my nightly routine and crawled under my covers. God damn, with the chunnin exams being in a week, giving Gaara fun lessons, and then getting in trouble today my fucking stress level is over the earth. Maybe a night of deep good rest will help.

I sat up with a start, sweat dripping down my face. Shit! I even remembered this one. That's the worst nightmare I have ever had. I don't even want to think of it.

I got up and climbbed out my window. The night was so warm and calm. It eased my racing heart. The roof tops have always been fun to jump from. I wonder how many nights I have walked on this same stretch of buildings and stared at a moon or danced in the wind. And now I started to wonder just how many times I had come up here and been found by Gaara or found him. Because now I was sqished in long pale arms that could only belong to Gaara.

"Another nightmare?" He asked.

"Yep."

"Wanna tell me about it?"

"Nope."

He let go of me and walked to stand in front of me. His smirk made me want to laugh. he never has a real smile on just that goffy little smirk. I play punched him and he punched back, soon we were just having a fun wrestle. I got him a head lock giving him a noggie. He got me on the ground with my hands behind my back. Oh he is so going down now. I pushed up with every bit of force of I had and got to my feet. Before I could blink Gaara had me against a wall with his hands on either side of my head.

"Trapped now. give up yet?" He asked.

"Hell no. I never give up." His gaze on my face was steady. I think he was waiting for me to give in. He has a long wait.

Oh boy, he was really gonna wait. We stood staring at eachoher for so long that after awhile it looked like our faces were getting closer. It wasn't until he was about an inch away from me that I relised he WAS getting closer. My heartbeat raced when his warm breath hit my face. He got so close, his lips grazed mine. Gaara pressed his warm lips to mine, making my heart explode in my chest. It was so wonderful. Now I know why Gina and Kiskae always sneak away to kiss and hug. But... Wait! I promised myself! But it feels so good. No! Stop! No Don't. Oh God, what do I do? Fuck it. I kissed him back with full passion. It was like time had stopped. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

We stood in our own little world, kissing, hugging, until the sun started to rise. I was reluctant to go but Gaara reminded me that I had to be home on time or else my Mom...Yeah. So I left. As I was climbbing back in my bedroom window I swear I could still feel Gaaras lips on mine.