Chapter 19: Peliminary match

Gina pulled out of the window sill to wake me up saying something about the Hokage wants to see everyone. Alright. Why not. I like the Hokage, he's a pretty cool old dude. He sends me cards on Christmas. So I got up, got dressed, and walked with my team to the big meating room. Wow were there ever a lot of people left. Naruto and Sasuke waved me over. I was feeling slightly better so I was acting more like my normal Steffieness.

"Yo." I said.

"Hey. Man I didn't have enough time to eat anything. I'm so tired and hungry it's insane." Naruto complained.

"Suck it up boy. I know chicks who complain less than you." I put my arms behind my head in an uncaring demenor.

"Hey, hey! Why you gotta go there?"

"Because I can. Now hush puppy. Hokage-sama is here."

The Hokage went into his speach, congragulating us on making it this far, blah blah blah. Ooh, that's a good song. I think I have it... yep. here it is on my i-Pod. Sweet.

I popped my head up and paided attention when heard something about paliminary matches. Oh you have got to be kidding me. Yeah there are still a lot of people left but not all of them are going to be Chunnin's. And what's more some of these people haven't had time to rest and recoperate! How can they expect us to fight?

In any case we were all herded into this very large room. Stone blechers made almost a perfect circle around the sunken in arena. Oh how cool! Time to kick some major ass. I sat on the railing with my legs dangling high above the arena. Naruto was leaned against the railing next to me, listening to the progecter talk. Why do they have to talk so much? Just put us down there and let us have our fun damn it! Woah, hello, violent thoughts. What in the hell? Have been spending to much time with Gaara or something. Speaking of Gaara... there he is. God I wish he would just forgive me. I miss him so much.

Okay, so two names were sopposed to show up on the board and then those two have to jump down into the arena and basically fight until one can't anymore. Simple.

So Sasuke was first, going against some dude from like, maybe the rain or the grass, I don't know. I wasn't paying attention. Sasuke wasn't looking to good for a second there, I think the guy was like taking his chakara or something. That's why I like the fact that I can't us very much of my chakara. Anyways these radical black tatoo things spread out over half his body and he just went ballistic. Kakashi had to pull him away. But he was counted as winner considering the dude was so bumped.

So the board flashed more names but I zoned for a second, missing Kiskae and Gina's fights. They both passed at least. Naruto and Kiba down to fight. Naruto was making a big deal about Akamaru being down there fighting with Kiba. But he was alowed down there and the fight raged on. I zoned back in just in time to see Naruto fart right in Kiba's face! I was laughing so hard I fell off the railing and rolled on the ground. That is so great! With Kiba's hightened sence of smell that had be way rank!

Naruto and Kiba jumpped back up. I gave Naruto a grabbing high five.

"Nice one! That's one way to win."

"I know right?"We laughed so hard. Hinata came by, face so red it looked painful, with a container of wound cream. Naruto put some on happy at how fast it was working. He offered some to Sakura, seeing as she was pretty beat up from her fight with Ino. Baka. The board flashed again, signaling Hinata and Neji. Ah hell. If there was ever anyone I wanted Hinata to fight less it was so Neji. The dooshbag fights by making his opponit feel bad about themselves so they think they can't win and give up! That is just so wrong. I watched with nice intencity. Well at least it seemed that Hinata wasn't listening to him and putting up a happy fight. Neji was hitting points on Hinatas body. Wait. that can't be! But it was. After awhile Hinata stopped. She couldn't use her chakara. Neji had hit all sixty-four chakara points in her body. She was still putting up a fight. But Neji was now trying to block her heart. What cousin does that! She could be killed! Hinata hit the floor and the match was about to be called off. But Naruto, persistant as ever, yelled and screamed for her to get up. Slowly but shurly, Hinata got to her feet.

The match didn't last much longer. After so many hits to the heart, she just couldn't do it and feel unconcious. She spit up blood which had her sensei worried and Hinata was rushed to the hospital. Naruto made a vow on her blood to win. Good boy. But did you actually have to touch her blood?

Anyway, the next names up were Gaara and Lee. This should prove interesting. Gaara looked up at me with a glare. God he is pissed. This should prove to be VERY interesting. Gaara wasn't doing to well for a second there. But then he got right back into it, oh so very mad, and used his sand to crush Lees arm and leg. Holy shit. Get that boy outta there! Gai sensei stepped in just in time to save Lee. Oh thank God. After that was all taken care of it was my turn. I jumpped down and faced a grass nin. He was nicly built but not exactly big. He looked like he could throw a punch.

The fight started. He was doing a good job of dodging my punches. But that's all he was doing. God, come on kid. Do something will ya? I swivle kicked sending him to the ground. He bounced right back up and punched me me right into the wall. Okay, that hurt. Fast as lightning, I zoomed over and gave him a swift kick to the groin. Not the best idea, next thing I know I'm crying out in pain, my left arm falling limp to my side. Oh for the love of god, why you gotta go for my arm? I attempted to throw a kunai at him, total miss and I ended up with a brooken rib I think. I was pushed hard on my butt. When I looked up there was this whole shimmering wall of chakara energy.

"Uh Oh." I said just before it smashed down on me, filling my body with pain. Screaming doesn't help much. And everything slowly started to disapper around. The last thing I remember seeing was a large pool of blood and a worried look on Gaara's face.

"I tried." I said as best I could. Then, nothing.