Chapter 7: Sweet Moment

I walked with Naruto to the training grounds in the morning. Unfortunatly Hydan-Sensai was still doing community service, and couldn't help train me, Gina, or Kiskae. So we dicided to start training with Naruto and his team. Chunnin exams are in a week, what else are we sopposed to do? The answer, sit and wait for Kakashi, cause he was SOOO late. I was so close to just gettting up and getting a lesson plan ready for my meeting with Gaara, but then Kakashi showed up. Does he just know when we are about to leave?

"Hey guys. Sorry i'm so late. A black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way." He said.

"Bullshit!" Naruto and I said together.

In any case we just sorta spared for an hour and a half. I started out fighting against Gina. It was a good fight that seemed like it was going to Gina's favor, but then leaned to mine. Kiskae ran over to make sure she was ok. What is it with people and liking anouther in that special way that changes them so? When I first met Kiskae he was a tough boy who didn't give a shit about anything or anyone. Now look at him.

"Are you sure your okay, Gina?"

"Yes i'm fine. Please, don't worry so much."

"But I do worry." He hugged her long and hard. Gag. I am never falling in love if this is what it does. I'll stick to hangin out with the guys and kissing Naruto. Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good plan. The alarm on my i-Pod started to go off. Time to meet up with Gaara.

"Later guys. I'll see ya tomorrow." I said with a wave.

"Where are you going Steffie?" Gina asked.

"I'm just gonna go get some soda and relax for awhile before I find people for soccer."

"Hasn't your face taken enough damage from your last soccer game?" Sasuke asked with a smirk.

"My face can take a lot more than just a brooken nose. By the way. Expact to have your ass kicked later! Pay back for my nose you bastered!" I threw a rock at his head which he easily caught.

"I'll keep that in mind."

The town was pretty much dead as I walked through it. A few people here and there walked around but nothing really seemed to be going on today. When I got to the training grounds, it was a ghost town. No Gaara. Well fine, fuck him then. I sat under a tree and put my i-Pod on.

"...Somebody call 911,

fire burning on the dance floor,

Ohwhoa!

Fire burning fire burning fire burning on the dance floor..." I sang to myself. Which, actually turnned out to not be just myself. See, when I sing I like to close my eyes and think of something cool that could go along with the song. So when I opened my eyes, Gaara was sitting in front of me. I squelled surprised.

"Damn boy! Don't fucking do that! You scared the life out of me!" I yelled irritated.

He just sat there, staring at me. Wasn't that lesson six? And I thought he was paying attenton! To think, I made him a good job bento and cookie too! But this stare, it wasn't blank, or angry, or sad. It was...admirrable. Strange.

"Okay...should we get to the lesson today?" I asked. He nodded. "Good. Today we talk about sick jokes. The sicker they are, the funnier they are because then the stranger a persons reaction is, which just makes people laugh even more." Gaara was still giving me that look. Why? I just continued with the lesson, telling him some jokes to use, and where to find some on the internet. Ah the internet. Such a wonderful invention. And I love the first rule of the internet too.

"Hey Gaara. Here's a really good on for you. The first rule of the internet, if it exists, there is a porn of it." He always trys to hide his smile. I don't know why though. I bet he has a really nice smile.

The sun was starting to set. But when I checked my watch it was only four something. That's not right. It's June and getting dark at four. Doesn't happen. Is my watch brooken? I looked at my i-Pod and saw it said the same time as the watch. What the hell?! Gaara saw my confusion and asked what was wrong.

"The sun never sets this early in June." I said quietly.

"What do you mean? It's almost eight, Stephanie. It would be going down right about now." WHAT!!!!!! I was having a freak-out!! I looked at my watch again, but then relised that the second hand wasn't moving. The battery was dead. but my i-Pod had the right time just a few hours ago didn't it?

"Gaara? Was I late today?" I asked.

"Yeah. I waited for awhile before going to try and find you. It's not like you to be late to one of our lessons."

"Someone jacked up my i-Pod!!!! Oh my God!!! Mama is going to kill me!!! I have to come up with something! Think Steffie think!" I was on the verge of tears. Who could do this to me? Why would they do this to me? I can't go home tonight. Mama will be the banshee of hell if I walk in at mother fucking eight. Lets see. I could say I got hurt training and stayed with Gina all night. But then she would ask why I didn't call or she didn't. What the hell am I sopposed to do?!

Warm arms wrapped around me my shoulders, comforting me. I let out a sort of gasp sound. Gaara. Last night he did this too. Held me and wouldn't let go. And again, I didn't mind it. It was so comforting and warm. I snuggled into him more, his arms getting slightly tighter around me.

"Are you okay, Stephanie?" He asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry so much. It's bad for the nerves."

"And yet I still worry."

Wait. This was all to familier. Something in my mind was ringing, screaming DE JA VOUE!!!!! I thought back to what all had happened today. Walking with Naruto. Kakashi being late. Beating Gina. Kiskae caring for Gina. Sasuke being an ass. Listening to- Kiskae and Gina! This was just like their little love scean! This is not good! I can't be doing this. I can't be being lovy dovy with Gaara! ...My mind was saying that this was a bad thing. But yet...it felt kinda good. And I don't really think My attitude has changed. but then another thought popped into my head. What if I really like Gaara and he likes me back?