Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Sixteen

HEY GUYS!!! :DDD

I am SO GLAD to be BACK! To those who don't know, because I recently just moved to a new house we had to reconfigure the internet connection stuff and it turned out that my PC couldn't connect so I was stuck at home for almost two weeks without the internet, and I SWEAR that it was horrible ): but anyway, I'm back now!! :D So here comes my daily updates or almost daily updates again :D

I didn't stop writing I swear :)

Anyway, thanks for reading guys! I hope you'll like it! :)

imperfectdreamer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen

Zoey had phoned me early in the morning to blab about her wonderful relationship with Cain, about what they did the whole day and that there was a spark somewhere when they’re eyes locked. Yeah, don’t I hear that from people all over the world?

          “It was fabulous.” She said dreamily as I tidied up my messy room.

          “Funny. I thought relationships are always unfabulous.” I blurted half-heartedly.

          “Well, to you maybe. How would you know, anyway? You’ve never dated anybody before, unless you did and you didn’t tell me.” Said Zoey.

          “Huh, not a chance.” I smirked, still thinking about Drew.

          “So, I’ve heard from Shane that you’ve decided to go out with Drew after all. How’d it go?”

          “Oh, well, I guess Drew is a nicer guy than I thought. I found out that we both love lychee, and that he’s interested in sports, you know, the general stuffs.”

          “Don’t tell me that, I wanna know what happened.” She whined. “Was there a spark?”

          “What’s with you and sparks?” I groaned.

          “I dunno. People say that that’s the first step to falling in love. So was there any?”

          “I’m not sure what this ‘spark’ thing feels like, but to be honest, I was attracted by his eyes and how sweet he is. There’s something in him that kinda’ makes me wanna talk to him more, and I loved the way he compared me to Melissa, saying that I’m the better choice.” I said gaily.

          “Oh gosh, really?” Zoey sounded as excited as I am. “No guy has ever said that to anybody before. They usually put Melissa first!”

          “Well, not Drew.”

          “Boy, he sure is something.”

          “Isn’t he?” I smiled.

          “So are you in love?” said Zoey teasingly, purposely dragging that last word so that I could hear her clearly, not that I can’t even if she doesn’t.

          “Isn’t it a little too soon to use such a big word?”

          “Oh my gosh, you are in love!” she laughed. “Finally, Taylor, for once you’ve finally fallen in love, and the best part is that he’s not a nerd!”

          “Hey, since when have I fallen in love with a nerd?” I said snappily.

          “Well, isn’t Shane a nerd?”

          “What! I don’t even love Shane!”

          “That’s what they all say.” Droned Zoey. “But Shane isn’t a nerd anymore, so I guess it’s not quite correct of me to describe him like that. However, I’ve asked a few girls, they’re totally attracted to him.” She dazzled. “Never underestimate the power of a makeover.”

          “Right.” I said indifferently. “Still, I never liked him that way before.”

          “That’s funny, ten years ago I remembered you telling me that he was ‘handsome’.”

          “I was seven.” I snapped. “Seven year-olds speak before they think. Well, not you though, you still speak before you think.”

          “Hey, hey, don’t drag me into this.”

          “Anyway, you said that before too.” I made a face. “You even said that you wanted to grow up with him and have babies!”

          “I was seven, too!” said Zoey tetchily. “Seven year-olds talk like that!”

          “Yeah, now you’re telling me.”

          “I don’t see why you shouldn’t date Shane. I mean, yeah, he was a wimpy dude with huge-framed glasses before, but now he’s like a total chick-magnet, or that’s what this girl from science told me. She said that she wanted to date him, how ironic is that?”

          “How is that even ironic?”

          “It’s not.” She said. “A-Anyway, about Drew. Did you really like him?”

          “How am I supposed to know?”

          “Well, are you thinking about him now?” she asked which totally caught me off guard. Am I thinking about Drew? I was thinking about him when we just got on the phone, and I was thinking about him last night, and I think I even dreamt about his beautiful eyes…

          “I guess you could say that.” I hesitated.

          “Hah, so you really like him.” she said, satisfied. “Which part of him attracted you, anyway?”

          “I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I’m not even sure if I am attracted to him.”

          “Why don’t you find out? Maybe talk to him more often, and maybe, just maybe, you might get the spark!” she said enthusiastically.

          “Enough about the spark.” I rolled my eyes, annoyed. “Yes, I was planning to talk to him tomorrow and when I’m done with that, we’ll see if there’s a ‘spark’ or not.”

          “Yeah, you should. So anyway, I’ve gotta go, Mom’s urging me to stop chatting now. Laters.” She hung up and I’ve flipped my phone shut.

          Who is Zoey anyway? Cupid?

          It’s like whenever I talk to her about guys, she tries to pair me up with them and starts assuming that we’re meant for each other, when really we’re not.

          I guess it was stupid of me for thinking that I was in love with Drew last night. Maybe I was too flattered to think straight. I don’t love Drew, he’s just some ordinary guy who I’ve spent the day with and people don’t fall in love that easily. Or do they?

          Now, Shane, on the other hand, is nothing but a close friend of mine (not to mention my second friend on earth) who so happens to attract a number of girls now because of his dramatic change of looks. I’m not going to compare Drew to Shane because they’re two completely different people and it wouldn’t be fair like that.

          I’ve randomly started scribbling both Drew and Shane’s name onto a piece of paper. Heck, what am I doing?

          I picked the paper up and scanned through them. Nothing but the names Drew Lively and Shane Day.

I think I’m turning nuts.

Well, thanks a lot Zoey, you’ve definitely made my day.