Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys :)

Sorry for not updating lately, apparently I'm having high fever ): I just finished editing this chapter, I hope that it's not too crappy x) thanks for reading guys!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen

-Taylor’s P.O.V-

It’s been nearly an hour since we’ve hung out, and I guess Drew can be a little more interesting than I thought.

          We’ve been walking around aimlessly since we’ve got here and to be honest, I think this date is going to be great even if we do this the whole day.

          “Where do you wanna go?” he asked for the first time that day.

          “I don’t really know. I rarely leave the house so I’m probably an anonymous to this place.” I chuckled.

          “Okay…” he looked speechless. “Maybe we should just sit down and get a drink or something.”

          “Sure.” I agreed without further comments as we sat on a bench by the smoothie store, drinking our smoothies.

          “Hey cool, so we both love lychee.” He smiled.

          “Okay, that’s one thing we have in common.”

          We sat there in silence for a little while before he decided to break the ice.

          “Have you ever dated anybody before?” he asked randomly as he runs his fingers through his dark hair.

          “Well, no.” I said firmly. “I never considered that, too.”

          “Why not?”

          “I dunno.” I shrugged. “I just don’t.”

          “That doesn’t really make any sense.” He laughed. “Oh, right, I’ve been meaning to ask you. What on earth happened to all those crazy hair and bushy eyebrows?”

          “I kinda’ knew that you’d ask that.” I took a sip. “You know Zoey right? Her and her boyfriend Cain decided to give me a makeover.”

          “Interesting.” He muttered.

          “And all of a sudden Shane was included, and we spent the next day in the mall getting the both of us a new look.”

          “Is Shane that dude who you walk home with?” he asked, looking distracted by his name.

          “Yeah. His brother is dating my sister, and honestly I don’t know how that happened.”

          “Well, it’s love we’re talking about. It’s mysterious and unpredictable. Kind of like Melissa and me, totally unpredictable.” he said briskly. “I didn’t know that we’d end up together, and I didn’t know that I’d be the one to call it off.”

          “That’s real smart of you.” I complimented. “Let her be the victim for once.”

          “Yeah, that’s what her ex told me.” He drained the last bit of his smoothie and tossed the container into the bin. “Anyway, how old is your sister?”

          “Twenty.” I smiled. “She’s gonna be twenty-one next year, and we all know what happens after that.”

          “Of course.” He nodded. “And how old is Shane’s brother?”

          “Twenty-two. Two years isn’t that much of a difference, right?” I said.

          “Yep.” He hesitated. “Anyway, you look beautiful after all that.” he smiled sweetly. It felt kind of weird at first, but I’ve learned how to take in compliments now so I’ve fought the urge to throw that into his face.

          “Thanks.”

          “Your welcome. That’s one of the reasons why you should date now. I mean, who would’ve known that Loser-Taylor will turn into someone else far better than the school’s guy-magnet Melissa!” he said hilariously.

          I felt instantly happy. Drew thinks that I’m far better than Melissa Shay, the girl who has been rubbing her beauty into my face for two years. Man, I’m so flattered now.

          “Thanks.” I said again. “You should lay down on the compliments; I’m not exactly the kind of person who can take them in that easily.”

          “Better get used to it darling, people are gonna be repeating that now.” he winked. I couldn’t help but giggle. We’ve walked around a little more after I was done with my drink and the day had ended a few hours after that.

          “Did you have fun?” he asked before dropping me off.

          “Sort of, yes.” I smiled. “Maybe we could do this again.”

          “Definitely.” He beamed. “So I’ll see you in school?”

          “Yeah, see you. And thanks again, for today.” I said one last time before hopping off from his sweet ride.

          He drove off right after I entered the house and I sighed with satisfaction. This is my first official date and I’m starting to love the idea of it already.

          Drew is such a great guy, and there’s something about him that attracted me. Maybe it was his nice brown hair, or maybe it was his beautiful eyes that were locked with mine when he told me that I was beautiful. He’s officially the first guy who called me that, besides Dad, of course. I can’t tell you how happy I was when he had said that. He even compared me to Melissa, saying that I’m a much better choice. I can’t believe that a guy would say that!

          I sat in my room, dreaming about him and his cute face and wondering how built he really is. Gosh, am I in love?

          I just can’t wait to see his face again. Looks like this date turned out pretty well too. If I knew that this was how the date’s gonna be I wouldn’t have wasted time sneaking around like an idiot behind Melissa and her so-called boyfriend Nathan yesterday. I still feel humiliated just by thinking about it. But now my mind is filled with Drew and that amazing experience, not even humiliation is going to ruin this for me.

          I blushed to myself while dreaming about his face.

          Okay, it’s official. I am in love with Drew.