Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Thirty-Eight

HEYGUYS! :D as promised! Two chapters in one day! :DD

I love you all :) I hope you'll continue to support :D

may God bless you! imperfectdreamer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Eight

-Shane’s P.O.V-

“Oh my gosh, exams are today. TODAY!” cried Cain sarcastically.

          “Oh shut up, Cain, you always sound like you’re so worried and that you’re going to fail but you always end up getting straight As.” Said Ash feeling completely irritated.

          “No I do not.” Frowned Cain. “I got a B last term!”

          “That was last year which is the year which nobody cares about and move on.”

          “Ah, whatever.” Said Cain briskly. “So, have you been studying?”

          “Yeah, right, I’ve been in the library, hello? What else do people do there?” I said.

          “I dunno, read?” he shrugged. “To me, I just can’t focus there. Too many old people.”

          “Fifty years later you’ll just look back and laugh about what you just said.” Said Ash as I smiled stiffly at him. “So, anyway, Shane I’ve been hearing people saying that you go to the library with a girl?”

          “Ooh, really?” Cain started to become hyper. “Who is she?”

        “Caroline.” I said casually. “Some girl who I’ve met one month ago in the library.”

          “Is she the girl who jabbed you with the edge of the hardback book?”

          “Yeah, that’s the one.” I grinned.

          “So, are you two like dating?” asked Cain.

          “No.” I smiled wryly. “She’s just a friend.”

          “Yeah, that’s what they all say.” He smirked. “Okay, exam starts in less than thirty minutes. Every second counts so I’m gonna head over to the library. See you dudes later!” he winked and had literally run away.

          “Man, he’s quick.” Said Ash. “Say, is this Caroline girl from our class?”

          “She’s taking the same Geography class with us. You know, the girl who sits way at the back of the class? Where no one seems to notice? Yeah, she’s the one.”

          “Ah, I see.” He nodded slowly. “I don’t quite remember how she looks like since she’s rather quiet in crowds, but from what I heard she’s full of brains.”

          “Okay, first of all, she is not quiet. She is more talkative than Zoey, and she laughs a lot. And yes, she is a total nerd in some sense, that’s why I got her to give me a few lessons.”

          “Dude, you mean like a study date?”

          “No.” I made a face. “Just some lessons, that’s all.”

          “But it was only the two of you, right? So it’s still a study date.” He protested.

          “I wouldn’t put it that way…” I muttered.

          “So, are you ready for the exams?” asked Ash a few moments later.

          “Define ready.”

          “Confident and positive that you’ll ace it.” He said carefully.

          “Well, nope.” I said firmly and entered class.

                                                *        *        *

Okay, so Science is finally over, and what’s next again? Oh yeah, Geography, and we’re lucky enough that Mr. Tee will be watching us for the whole time. That guy has an eye of an eagle. He’ll stare at every single move you make which is totally uncomfortable.

          Fine, as long as you don’t make an attempt to cheat there’ll be nothing to worry about, but it’s just that he can falsely accuse just because you gestured someone to pick up your fallen pencil or something. What’s worse is that he can do it without evidence and run his mouth like a bullet train. Eugene was a victim once and the whole thing turned out pretty ugly if you asked me.

          Its break time now and the exams had totally killed my appetite, but it sure didn’t kill Ash’s.

          “Man, all that thinking had totally worked up my appetite.” He beamed. “Chow time!”

          “Oh, funny, isn’t it supposed to act the opposite?” I mumbled. “So how was the paper?”

          “Ugh, it was crap I tell ya.” Frowned Zoey. “None of the questions that came out was familiar to me. Apparently the nerd sitting a few seats behind me had said that you can find the questions in the corner of the pages in the textbooks. I mean, why ask questions that are printed in the corner and not ask the ones that are printed right in the middle? Isn’t that the most general thing that we should know?” she continued to complain.

          “You know them teachers, they’re always out there to ruin our life.” Said Faith as she tosses the vegetables in her bowl playfully.

          “You look like you’re in a good mood.” Said Cain to Faith.

          “That’s because the exam was easy.” She beamed as Zoey shot her a baleful stare. “Sorry, I wasn’t rubbing it in your face…”

          “Well, good for you.” Congratulated Ash.

          “Thanks.” Faith smiled sweetly at him. For a moment there I’d almost forgot that they’re dating. That explains the special treatment.

          “Oh by the way, where’s Taylor?” asked Cain with his mouth full.

          “Yeah, I’ve been meaning to ask that.” I added.

          “Yeah, geez, I dunno.” Shrugged Zoey. “She sort of turned up this morning looking like a zombie. I think she stood up the whole night last night to study.”

          “Heck, why’d she do that? It’s not that she did it last minute. I’m sure a person like her is probably prepared much earlier than that.” said Faith.

          “I have no idea. Maybe she’s just stressing herself too much.” Said Zoey. “I hope she’s okay. I really have no clue where she’d run to.”

          “Well, if it’s true that she’s stressing herself, then maybe she’s somewhere here, trying to relax her mind or something.” Said Ash.

          “That’s a possibility.” She nodded. “But I seriously doubt that there’s even a peaceful place here.”

          “Yeah…” the rest of them sighed. “Hey, where are you going?” asked Zoey quizzically as I got up on my two feet, leaving my food untouched.

          “I’m just going to head somewhere. I’ll see you later.” I said briskly and left.