Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Thirty-Four

Hey guys! :D next chapter now, woooh~~~ hope you guys enjoy! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Four

-Shane’s P.O.V-

Being around Eugene wasn’t an easy thing to handle anymore. He looked so depressed and tired, and I really don’t want to use the word suicidal, but it doesn’t seem like I have a choice.

          “I’ll see you later.” he droned and left without another word. Ash and I exchanged glances, both unable to say the right thing. Then again, is there even a right thing anyway?

          “Who should we blame?” asked Ash casually as I refused to answer.

          “Dunno.” I muttered. “He’s just emotional.”

          “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” he gave a wry smile as he pulled out a basketball from his locker. “Alright dude, catch you later. I’m heading towards the gym.”

          “What about Faith?”

          “We went out yesterday. She had granted me permission to do whatever I like, so here I go.” He shrugged. “Tata.”

          “Yeah, later.” I waved lamely, stacking a bunch of books into my locker as I sighed heavily. Twenty-eight days to exams.

I doubted if anyone remembered, except for Cain who is probably studying his butts off right now, trying to get an A on every subject, like always. That’s probably why he’s been jetting off nowadays and totally ignoring Zoey, which is probably going to stir up another argument but they always get back together so what the heck.

          Okay, maybe I should start studying too.

          I hastily made a few steps backwards and grabbed my chemistry textbook and shut the locker again. Ugh, chemistry is my worst subject. If only there was an easier way to memorize all those equations and formulas, maybe I could…

          “Hold it right there tough guy.” A girl had magically popped out right in front of me, nearly sending me to fall backwards without warning. No offence, but even all that makeup on her face is good enough to scare the crap out of Luke.

          “Yeah, where do you think you’re going?” a blonde had said as she stands beside the red head with too much makeup.

          “Home.” I said.

          “Oh, don’t act so innocent. We know who you are, where you’re from…”

          “Well, I’m definitely not a Martian” I made a face.

          “That’s because you’re an earthling.” the red head had said and laughed at her humorless joke as the blonde joined in. Was that even a joke? “Anyway, back to where it really matters. We know who you are, where you’re from and where you live…”

          “What?”

          “Shut up Stella, you’re making us sound like stalkers.” The red head had slapped the blonde on the face ruthlessly.

          “Ouch! You take that back!” the both of them started to fight like idiots as I stepped away and continue to head towards the door. “Oi, who said you could leave?!”

          “Who said I needed your permission to leave?” I said without turning my head, still heading towards the door.

          “Okay mister, you’re starting to get into my nerves.”