Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Twenty-One

Hey guys! :D

I hope you'll enjoyed this one :) Please read my other story 'My Celebrity Housemate' if you haven't! :D I'd very much enjoy it :) Please vote if you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading! God bless you :)

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-One

-Shane’s P.O.V-

Ash had arrived at my house around five so that we could get started on our projects. Man, this is boring.

          “Man, I really don’t know what’s the equation for this.” Said Ash while flipping through the textbook.

          “Don’t look at me; I’m not a smart dude.” I muttered. “If only Cain were here.”

          “I doubt that he’d know about this, too. He’s been completely busy with Zoey lately and if he keeps that up his grades are gonna drop.” said Ash.

          “I think that’s going to kill him.” I winced. “Anyway, you’ve been pretty busy with outings lately; who’re you going out with?”

          “Oh, with someone.” He said feebly. “A friend.”

          “You mean a girl.”

          “Well, sort of, yeah.” He shrugged.

          “Speaking of girls, I haven’t seen Faith around either. Is she out sick or something?” I asked. Ash didn’t reply but shrugged weakly. “C’mon dude, you can’t be that engrossed with homework.”

          “I’m not.” He slapped his book shut. “I was just thinking about something.”

          “About what?”

          “Dates.”

          “Man, why is everybody so worried about that nowadays?” I sighed.

          “Who’s everybody?” he raised an eyebrow.

          “Don’t tell me that you don’t know.” I gave a wry smile. “Cain and Zoey are like living in their own fantasy land ever since who-knows-when, Taylor’s been busy about dates with Drew and Eugene and-”

          “Eugene?!”

          “Yeah, that dude from chemistry.”

          “Man, seriously?” Ash goggled. “That’s just wrong.”

          “I know.” I nodded slowly. “And you’re busy with dates too, right? My brother and Tessa are constantly going out now, Leslie has been punching her phone and replying love-related messages to her friends, but that still doesn’t answer the question about where Faith is. I seriously don’t see her in school anymore, especially after school.”

          “Right.” said Ash.

          “Do you know anything about this?” I looked at him and I finally understood. “You’re going out with Faith?!”

          “Man, that took you long.” He chuckled.

          “Things just get crazier and crazier every minute.” I said woodenly.

          “It’s not that much of a surprise, right?” he said. “Everyone is dating now.”

          “Not exactly everyone.” I sighed.

          “Oh, right! Your status is like available now! Why didn’t I think of that.” he guffawed and I looked at him frivolously. “Wait, Taylor isn’t dating too, right?”

        “I’m not so sure about that. She’s been going out with a couple of guys, remember? And I think that her relationship with that Drew guy is not going to remain as friends.” I sulked.

          “Are you jealous?”

          “No I’m not.” I made a face. “Taylor’s relationship has nothing to do with me.”

          “True, but you can always convince her and stuff. You know, maybe share your opinion.”

          “No thanks. I don’t wanna interfere.” I said casually.

          The both of us had continued our project and he left a couple of hours later.

          Why is everybody assuming that I’m jealous? That’s a ridiculous thought. If they thought hard enough they could probably realize that there’s nothing to be jealous about. I don’t think that I have any special feelings towards Taylor, and she definitely feels the same way about me, and if I actually liked her I would’ve asked her out already. What kind of guy would wait their entire life just for one girl at this age? (I mean, people do say that, but usually they don’t really mean it because a few days later they’d be out with another person having the time of their lives.)

          Wait, why am I even bothered when people say that? Sure enough, I shouldn’t mind when people tease me like that because I don’t feel anything like that at all.

          You’re lying.

          Okay, now I’m just talking to myself.

          Why are you even lying to yourself? Shouldn’t you be honest now that no one else is looking?

          I’m not lying.

          Yes you are. You know it to. Now you’re just hiding that thought in the back of your mind.

          No I’m not. I’m not playing hide-and-seek here.

          You’re attracted to Taylor.

          “Would you just shut up already?” I blurted to myself in my room and I instantly felt stupid. Only lifeless and bored people talk to their conscience. I’m not lifeless, but I am bored though, but that’s not the point.

          You love her. You are jealous of Drew and you’re just wasting your time trying to prove everyone else wrong.

          This is getting irritating.

          I got up and left my room and decided to head over to a noisy place, like downstairs, where Luke is singing off-key while strumming my guitar and Leslie trying her best not to cry.

          “Shut up Luke! You sound horrible!”

          “Oh don’t say that, be more supportive.” Said Mom as Dad sat there gaping at Luke’s performance.

          “Who’d you say that you wanted to sing to again?”

          “Tessa.” He flashed his teeth. “She’s going to love me for this.”

          I walked downstairs and tried to take in as much noise as possible. The more noise the better.

          “Luke, do me a favor and sing.” I demanded.

          “Hah, at least Shane’s on my side!” said Luke to Leslie as she shot me a stare.

          I simply shrugged and listened to the noise. However, it kind of bothered me to see him strum vigorously like that.

          “Uh, Luke.” I interrupted.

          “Encore?”

          “Pfft, yeah right.” Leslie smirked.

          “No.” I replied. “If the strings snap, you’re going to pay.”