Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Fifty-Seven

Hey guys :D

I tried my best to update ASAP :] and today's your lucky day! :D I'll be posting TWO CHAPTERS!!! WOOHOO! 8D Because I had a little extra time :] I hope you'll like it, thanks for reading guys!

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifty-Seven

When the traffic lights had cycled from red to green, Tessa had sped down the road, obviously speeding now but who cares about all that?! My friend is practically dying there; I bet the police couldn’t care less, anyway.

          “There it is!” I said.

          Tessa pulled over and I was the first one to jump off the vehicle and dash towards the hospital. All of the sudden it started raining heavily and the hospital is still a distance away. I know that we should’ve chosen a better place to park the car but obviously there isn’t any with all this traffic which is supposed to be cleared out at night. What, was there another guy who got beaten up too? Is that why everyone is crowding around the hospital?

          From behind I could hear the loud cry of Mom and Dad, plus Tessa, all telling me to turn back for the umbrella. Hah, real funny, like I have time for that.

          Ignoring the all danger on the road, I had run across it without even looking from left to right. Lucky for me, all the cars were driving really slowly so in other words, it wasn’t really dangerous at all.

          “Excuse me.” I sneezed as I ran towards the counter. “I’m looking for Shane Day.”

          “Well, he was just admitted to a room a few minutes ago. I can show you where, but I’m afraid that you’ll have to be dry-cleaned first. Hospitals take extra cautious towards hygiene, no offence.”

          “But this is an emergency!”

          “Yes, and you wouldn’t want your friend’s room to be filled with all those roadside germs now, do you?” she smiled kindly and had handed me a towel. “Tell me when you’re done.”

          I groaned impatiently and literally pulled my hair around just to make the towel absorb faster and I doubt that it’s even working. Gosh, is the nurse doing this on purpose just to test me or something? Can’t she read all the anxiousness written across my face in capital letters? I’m dying to see him now, and Zoey and the others are probably wondering where I am! If I don’t get there any time soon, who knows what’s going to happen?

          “You’re so plain stubborn!” Tessa snapped at me frustratingly, probably referring to the time when I’d mulishly ignored all of their reminders. “Look at you, all wet and drippy.”

          “Who cares?” I said disbelievingly. “Who cares about all that? I just wanna see Shane.”

          “Alright, you seem dry enough now.” said the nurse calmly. “Right this way.”

          Man, can’t she walk any faster?!

          When we had finally arrived in front of the room, the nurse still wouldn’t leave us alone. At last I couldn’t take her anymore and had screamed in her face to tell her to leave us alone, which had sort of caused a few people to give me a disapproving look.

          I pushed the door open and that was when my jaw had fallen loosely. I felt my eyes sting and had let out a sad tear. This isn’t a dream, its reality. It’s the cruel world. The same world that I grew up in since when I was young…