Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Thirty-Two

Hey guys! :D

Sorry for having such a short chapter this round ><" I promise to make the next one longer! And also, if you haven't already, please read My Celebrity Housemate for meh :DD it'll mean a lot! Thanks! Love you guys <3

imperfectdreamer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Two

-Taylor’s P.O.V-

“We can definitely work this out.” Said Drew from the other side of the line.

          “Stop giving me crap, Drew.” I snapped curtly while creating a violent scene in my mind.

          How can he still have the guts to say that? He probably doesn’t know how screwed up my life is right now and it’s all thanks to him and his so-called ‘harmless’ alcohol. How could anybody refer to alcohol as harmless?!

          “Please Taylor, I’m sorry, okay?” he pleaded.

          “No, you’re not.”

          “Yes, I am! I’m literally on my knees now, not that you can see me, but I couldn’t sleep last night because I was thinking of you, and part of me is feeling like a guilty idiot for doing what I’ve done yesterday. I’m seriously, seriously sorry.”

          “Part of you doesn’t sound good enough. You don’t even sound convincing.” I said, completely not letting my sympathy to overtake me. “You know that I shouldn’t take alcohol but you chose to ignore that and encouraged me to drink it! If you really loved me, you would do what’s best for me.”

          “I know, I know. I guess I was kind of a sucker for going overboard yesterday. But, everyone deserves a second chance, right? You can’t just shut me out like that because of one tiny incident!”

          “It’s not tiny you moron!” I screamed frustratingly, fearing that I might drive unwanted attention. “You’re not sorry. If you are, you would know how much that’d hurt me and wouldn’t call it tiny and unimportant.”

          “Okay, fine, I’m sorry. It was a big mistake.” He rephrased his sentence carefully. “No, it was a huge one.”

          “It’s bigger than huge!”

          “Ginormous.”

          “There isn’t such word as ginormous.” I frowned.

          “Humongous?”

          “That’s more like it.”

          “Fine, I’m sorry. I know words aren’t good enough right now, but you’ve got to give me time to prove it.”

          “How?” I raised a brow.

          “By…not calling it off and give me another chance?”

          “No.”

          “What, Taylor, you can’t…”

          “I just don’t trust you anymore.”

          “What can I do to change that?”

          “You can’t do anything. Only time can.” I muttered.

          “Does this mean that we’re over?” he hesitated.

          Is this over? It should end now, right? The right words just wouldn’t come out. It got caught in my throat and not even choking could force them out. What’s wrong with me?

          I’m already clear that it’s officially over. I kept telling myself that when I picked up the bloody phone. Somehow, part of me kind of still wants him and doesn’t want to let go. If I let go, who knows if I’ll get another guy again? Drew’s the only guy who’d ever loved me before! I can’t just…shrug him off my life just because of a humongous mistake, can I?

          I hesitated longer than I’ve intended and sighed heavily.

          “No, we’re not over.” I stuttered.

          “We’re not?” he said as I could imagine him smiling.

          “No.”

          “So…you’re giving me another chance?”

          “Yes.”

          “Aw baby!” he cried. “Man, thank you, thank you, thank you…” he breathed. “Thank you.”

          “Your welcome.” I said formally. “But still, no alcohol, no drugs, no…”

        “No breaking the rules, I get it.” He said cheerfully. “I’ll respect that from now on.”

          “Good.” I smiled in satisfaction.

          “So…I’ll see you in school?” he asked awkwardly.

          “Yes. Bye.”

          “Bye.” He hung up shortly right before I did.

          What did I just say?

          I can’t help it. It felt wrong, yet so right. Why must things be so complicated? It’s just a relationship. Well, hopefully a harmless one from now on. He did sound rather sincere, and I doubt that he’d be such a daredevil to repeat the whole thing again and there is no way am I falling for the same thing if it happens. There is no way am I giving him another chance if he blows this one up.

          So, everything’s good, right? My eyes are starting to return to normal, my hair is less crazy now, and I finally feel like I can breathe properly.

          I lay flatly against the bed, starting at the ceiling, mind completely blank. I don’t want to fill my mind with ‘what ifs’ anymore, I just want to live in the present.

          After all, why worry tomorrow when you can do so much today?