Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Sixty-Two

Hey peeps :D

Sorry that this chapter isn't as long, but I hope that it'll last enough until the next chapter be posted! Thanks for reading!

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixty-Two

-Taylor’s P.O.V-

Shane is out today and we’d promised to hang out together with the others tomorrow. I’m a little excited about it. Besides, it’s been a while since I’ve actually stepped out of the house except going to school or running errands for Mom.

          Now we’re sitting in the dining room, celebrating for Tessa. It’s her birthday today and I’ve managed to get her a gift last minute. Thank God Danielle could drive me to the mall, again. This time it benefits the both of us because Danielle just so happens to be going out shopping today and she was looking for someone to go with. Well, I guess I’m the lucky one.

          I’d given her a limited edition Chanel lipstick, and she had immediately tried it on. Thank God, she loved it. She calls it ‘stylish’ and ‘fashionable’, and something tells me that she’s going to be putting that on for work everyday now, since Luke is there and all.

Anyway, Dad on the other hand, gave her a new car. I’m actually quite glad because now she’s giving me her old one. Danielle wouldn’t have to be like my driver anymore. Finally, no more running under the rain just to avoid being late for school. This is perfect.

Mom actually gave Tessa a goldfish. She said it was to replace Fishy, the imaginary goldfish which was flushed down the toilet, or that’s what she came up with. I could see Tessa’s horrified expression, but she still managed to hide it from Mom and Dad, and she had forced a natural smile and said that it ‘looks exactly like Fishy’.

“Happy Birthday darling!” Mom exclaimed happily as we all warmed up for a family hug.

“Thanks guys, for the gifts, and…Fishy.” Tessa faked a smile.

We took a few pictures right after she had cut the cake. Mom was immediately occupied with cleaning the dishes in the sink and had insisted that the both of us just sit down and let her do all the cleaning for today. Dad got an important call from work, so I guess that only leaves the both of us, and Fishy.

“Stop staring at me.” Tessa snapped at the goldfish and sighed. “Luke was right, Mom and Dad are too easy to fool.”

“Well, that’s what makes them Mom and Dad.” I shrugged helplessly. “So, what did Luke give you?”

          “A necklace.” She shrilled. “And it has something in common with the lipstick you got me.”

          “What, don’t tell me that they’re both pink.”

          “No, silly. They’re both limited edition!”

          “Gosh, you’re so blessed.” I smiled.

          “I know right.” She laughed.

          “How’re things with you and Luke? Good?”

          “Better. It’s less sad now that Shane is well again.” She sighed dreamily.

          “What about that girl in the office who flirts with Luke? What happened to her?”

          “She got fired.” Said Tessa without sympathy.

          “Ouch.”

          “Tell me about it.” She grinned evilly. “So, what about you?”

          “What about me?” I made a face.

          “You know, your relationship.”

          “I told you, Drew and I are both friends now.”

          “No, not Drew, I meant Shane.”

          “We’re going out tomorrow.”

          “Oh really? Well then, surprise me when you come home.” She giggled.

          “You’ve lost me.” I said nonchalantly.

          “I always do.” She smiled and took a bite from her cake. “Do you fancy him?”

          “Who? Shane?”

          “Yeah duh. Who else could I be talking about?” she said with her mouth full of cream which is kind of gross, but I’ve decided not to nag for today.

          “Shane is just a friend.” I said sadly.

          “Gosh, why are you so sad?” she swallowed. “What, are you wishing that you two can be something more?”

          “I dunno.”

          “That means yes.” She beamed. “I knew that you’d like him one day.”

          “But he’s going to be my brother-in-law one day.”

          “Who cares? I don’t.” she smiled. “Don’t let that stop you. I’m pretty sure that he feels the same way.”

          “Why are you so sure?” I asked skeptically.

          “Isn’t it obvious? He literally sacrificed himself so you would stay safe. That’s why he was in the hospital in the first place. Didn’t that ever crossed your mind?”

          “No.”

          “Gosh, you’re slow.” She rolled her eyes. “Look, the bottom line is, you two are going to end up together unless the both of you hesitate. Haven’t you learned your lesson about hesitating?”

          “Yes I did, and plus, confessing is the guy’s job, not the girl’s. It’ll seem more romantic that way. This is one of those tests to see if the guy really loves you, right?” I asked.

          “Yeah, pretty much. And if Shane really loves you, then he’ll make his move eventually. Time waits for no one, anyway.”

          “True.” I nodded slowly. “Is the cake nice?”

          “Go get yourself a slice, for crying out loud. Don’t just sit there and watch me. Fishy watching me is bad enough.” She groaned.

          “You’re not going to flush Fishy down the toilet, are you?”

          “Maybe.” She said. “But what’s the point? They always come back to life.”

          “Yeah.” I laughed.

          Does Shane really feel the same way? Honestly, I can’t imagine the both of us being an item, but at the same time, it feels kind of right if that happens. So, is he going to make his move or what? Or does he even like me that way in the first place?

          I wonder if I’ll ever find out?