Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Twenty-Six

Hey guys! :D

Here's the next chapter, I made it extra long so you guys will stay occupied for a while xD oops. Thanks for reading! I hope you'll like it!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Six

-Shane’s P.O.V-

Surprisingly Dad was home for the whole day today. It’s not really like him to not leave the house though. Maybe he’s just homesick?

          While Mom and Dad are both downstairs discussing about Leslie’s education and stuff, Leslie and I (Luke is out, as always) both sat on the floor up stairs, staring at nothing. Momentarily I felt like I could fall asleep just like that.

          “Dad wants me to go to your school.” She said.

          “Oh.”

          “Yeah.”

          There was more silence and I think I dozed off but was woken up by Leslie maybe a minute later.

          “Where’s Taylor?”

          “Huh?” I droned.

          “You know, Taylor.” She said again. “She wasn’t here yesterday when the others came, and I haven’t seen you on the phone with her or anything. Is she out of town?”

          “No. Tessa is here, what makes you thing she’s out of town?”

          “It was just a guess.” Said Leslie. “You don’t look too good. Maybe you should hit the pillows again, even though you just got up twenty minutes ago.”

          “Nah, I’m getting bored of sleeping.” I yawned. “I was just thinking about something, that’s all.”

          “What? Is it about Drew again?”

          “Pretty much, yes.” I gave a wry smile. “I don’t even know why he bothers me so much. There’s just something about him that I don’t like…”

          “Is it because he’s dating Taylor?” she poked me by the arm.

          “No.” I said incredulously. “They’re not dating anyway. They’re just hanging out together more often.”

        “Sounds like a date.” She frowned to herself. “Are you like, lovesick or something? You look really, really off character, just like the day before Luke confessed to Tessa.”

          “I’m not lovesick. I’m not even sure what the definition is.”

          “It’s like you’re constantly thinking about this girl, or guy…” She shot me a skeptical look.

          “I’m not gay.” I said indifferently.

          “Okay, and you feel jealous when a guy approaches her or some sort, and that sometimes you just have the urge to crawl all over him and give him a big kiss…” she started to space out.

          “Are you talking about me or you? Or are you still assuming that I’m gay? I don’t give no guy kisses, okay? Are we clear?”

          “…and then we’ll get married and have kids called Lucy and Adam…” she went on and on, venturing further into her fantasy. Yeah, she’s definitely talking about herself. “Wait, what were we talking about?”