Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Forty-Three

Hey guys! :D

Okay, important notice here: I'll be going on vacation on the 26th (which is tomorrow) to Perth! >

I would really bring my laptop with me, but I wouldn't...for many reasons :P let's just say it's not very portable, so yeah. Anyway, guys please be patient with me, I know I haven't been as active as I could've be in the recent weeks/months, but I promise you one way or another I will never stop posting and keeping you guys updated! Unless I'm really unable to, I'll definitely find a way to update every few days! But not anymore this year I guess!

Show meh some love guys! xD last chapter in 2011, would you care to drop a vote? xD

Thank you guys so much! may God bless you, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Forty-Three

Oh, great, it's after the exams now. We all know what that means...

"SOOOO, what happened last night?" asked Zoey annoyingly.

"Ugh, I regret it now." I sulked. I should learn how to hide my emotions next time. I'm just too easy to read, and I don't understand why people always try to read my mind. That's just wrong.

"What? What happened?" she continued and suddenly gasped to herself. "You didn't sleep with a guy last night, did you?"

"What-NO!!!" I screamed. "What on earth gave you that idea?!"

"I dunno." She shrugged. "So what happened?"

"Zoey, must you really know?"

"Well, you did say that you'd tell me." She said. "So in other words, yes."

"Darn." I groaned. "It's just that...well, long story short. I was talking on the phone with Shane last night...or this morning." I slurred.

"Oh, so that's what it is!" Zoey dazzled. "Oh gosh, just like that and you're so happy?"

"How am I supposed to know? I'm a girl with terrible mood-swings. Surely you should know by now, right?"

"Yeah, but I didn't know that there was a remedy to it." Said Zoey. "Aw, that's just cute."

"What's cute?" I looked around.

"No, silly. I'm talking about the way how Shane can cheer you up just through a conversation. Not even Drew can do that, I bet." She pointed out.

"That's true." I nodded. "Honestly, Drew would've made things worse."

"I know right!" she said sarcastically. "That's just proving my point."

"What point?" I asked.

"That Drew isn't the right guy for you, duh!" she said like it was so obvious.

"Don't tell me that you were predicting my future in your spare time." I gave her a look.

"Not exactly..."

"Zoey!"

"Fine, yes, I was. So what? I was half right."

"Apparently half isn't good enough." I gave a wry smile. "Wait, what were you right about?"

"That Drew wasn't the right guy for you? You gotta admit that just that is like half of your life right now, right?"

"I know and that's because I haven't got a job or a family or a dog to take care of." I smiled stiffly.