Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Forty

Hey guys :D

WE'RE AT THE FORTIES!!! 8D WOOT WOOT! I'm celebrating with ramen noodles :B not the most healthy thing I know, but it'll do for now xD

Thanks for supporting guys! :'D

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Forty

I’ve ran down the stairs anxiously, feeling my heart beating twice as fast. Okay, I’m late. I’m late again. I don’t really know why I was late. I’ve slept around normal time last night and I was fast asleep. I’ve woken up five minutes earlier than my alarm clock and I was already dressed five minutes later. So, why am I late again?

          Oh, right. I was wasting time, wasting time thinking about Drew…and Shane.

          I was already ready to head down the stairs until something caught my eye. It was a picture of the three of us- Zoey, me, and Shane. This was taken like, maybe seven months ago? It was the day when Shane had got his bracers removed. I remembered that there was another group picture of the six of us, but I’m not quite sure where I’ve left it. Yeah, that’s us alright; The Three Musketeers was what Zoey’s mom used to call us, even though Shane was the only guy.

          This photo brought back so much memories, and it had also reminded me of how I used to look like, completely. To be honest, I kind of miss my dorky look. Yes, even though it totally ruins my life sometimes, but dorky is good too because it turns every head away from you and you can do anything you like without people watching you. And here’s Shane, looking as nerdy as ever.

          For a moment there I’d forgotten that he had a makeover too. Well, at least one of us is taking it well. If only that one of us was me. I can’t believe I just said that, how very selfish of me.

          I think I’ve stood there for around five minutes, admiring the photo until Drew gave me a call, saying that he can’t walk me to school today because he overslept this morning. Huh, figures. The only reason why that would happen was because he’s partying out in a pub last night, or at least that’s what I assume. He probably forgot about what I’ve told him about staying home to hit the books because it’s the ‘best for the both of us’. Why did I even think that he’d listen to that?

          And that’s when I’ve started thinking about Drew.

          Tessa had been bugging me with this question last night: What is it about Drew that made you so attracted to him? Well, I’ve gotta admit; that’s a good question. Which part of Drew made me fall for him? Was it his looks? His talent towards sports? His seemingly bulletproof body which is available for me to hide from the scary and ferocious Melissa? Or was it just plain nothing?

          I know for sure that it wasn’t because of his looks, because I wasn’t instantly attracted to his face when we first talked. Usually appearances are something like love at first sight, isn’t it? Well I certainly have no idea how many times have that failed me but it doesn’t seem like I’m going to say no to it. What about his sports talent? Uh, I highly doubt that because his built body looks strong enough to break me into three pieces. And about Melissa, I don’t even care about her anymore. So does this mean that I’m attracted to him for nothing? Does that even make any sense?

          Somehow when I’ve reached school today, my mood seems to be paralyzed. It’s like I don’t have emotions all of the sudden. I don’t feel terrified about the exams like how I’ve been last night, I don’t feel uneasy with people looking at me and I definitely don’t feel excited to see Drew’s face anymore. It’s like some warlock had bottled up my emotions away from me, preventing me from feeling anything at all.

          Is this…normal?

          “Gosh, there you are!” Zoey smiled. “You were so close to being late!”

          “Just like the second week of school, right?” I said lamely.

          “Yeah, duh.” She continued. “Hey, why so gloomy all of the sudden?”

          “I wish I knew.” I smiled wryly.

          “O-Kay.” Zoey looked uncertain. “Either way, have you studied? Gosh, I’m just so nervous for the exams.”

          “Yeah, I did, and who knows if I’ll make it through?”

          “Aw, c’mon, you’ve gotta be positive! Think positive!” she clenched her fists. “This ain’t the kind of spirit on exam days.”

          “Apparently, I have no spirit now.” I sighed. “So, how’re the others?”

          “Huh?”

          “You know, Faith and the other guys, how are they?” I asked.

          “What? Why are you asking me for? They’re your friends too, you should know.” She frowned. “Haven’t you been talking to them?”

          “I have a feeling that they don’t want to see me because I’m with Drew.”

          “Are you serious? They will never say that!” Zoey looked at me ghastly.

          “What makes you so sure? You’re not them.” I pointed out. “It’s like dating Drew had brought much more misery that I thought. I feel like some kind of emo kid now.”

          “No you’re not, emo kids have black hair.”

          “Not helping.” I murmured.

          “Argh, whatever.”

          “How are Cain and you doing?” I asked.

          “Good.” She beamed suddenly. “I mean, yeah he hasn’t been paying any attention to me because of the exams, but I totally understand that now. Exams are extremely important to him, and I should respect that. See, it’s that easy!”

          “Why didn’t you say that before? That would’ve saved you two so much trouble.”

          “True, but some things just take time.” She smiled to herself. “Okay, ready to head to class? ‘Once you’re in there, you can’t come out!’ Orders from the principle.”

          “What kind of lame rule is that?”

          “Gee, how am I supposed to know? But I still think that we should go now anyway.” She shrugged and had dragged me into class with her.

          A few moments later our homeroom teacher had stepped into class, presenting each and every one us our Geography paper. Okay, my emotions are back now and I think I’m sweating in a cold room. Cold sweat? Not a chance. Nah, I shouldn’t panic now, right? It’s a little too early for that…

          “You may begin…now!”

          Okay, now I panic.