Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Fifty-Eight

Hey guys :)

As promised, the 2nd chapter of the day! :D thanks for reading!

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifty-Eight

This is the second day since Shane is stuck in that white hospital building, and I don’t think he’d woken up since the day they’d found him there. Sure enough, his case appeared on national TV and in newspapers, people in school were gossiping about it and it’s making me feel sick.

          Caroline and a couple of his buddies headed to the hospital to see him, not that he’ll see them, but I guess that doesn’t really matter. People in school were saying OMGs again and again, followed by: “I can’t believe this!” or “This is an outrage!” or something more dramatic. All I know more than half of the whole school is probably talking about it because of Drew, not Shane.

          Ugh, pathetic people! It should be Shane that deserves to be worried about, not Drew! What on earth did Drew ever do to them to deserve such pity and concern? He’s nothing but some stupid guy who happens to be involved in the sports club, that’s all! Like what’s so special about that?

          Everyone was asking me questions like if I’m involved in it or not. Heck of course not. But I don’t blame them from asking, they’re both related to me after all, it’s no wonder why people think that I’d be part of it anyway. This just goes to show that it’s a pain in the butt when you’re popular (Drew) or you’re related to someone popular (Shane and I).

          When school had ended I was just frantically dying to head home and lock myself in my bedroom without leaving the house for who knows how long? The drama is just too much. Yes, it may be kind of traumatic, but still, won’t people get tired just by talking about it? I know I would.

          I’m still rather upset and depressed about this whole thing, actually. After all, I am part of the reason why it happened. I had a chat with the others yesterday and they were all saying that it wasn’t my fault, even though it didn’t sound completely convincing, but it made me feel better and that’s all that matters now.

          “How was school?” asked Mom.

          “Horrible.” I frowned and went up stairs to avoid further conversations. Right now I’m just tired of hearing my own voice. I think it’s better to listen to someone else’s for once today.

          I had lay against the couch lazily and switched on the TV, randomly switching from channels to channels.

          “In Today’s News, we will cover the case of which a young eighteen year-old man who was thrown into jail for beating up an innocent–”

          Oh just shut up already.

          You know, on second thought, maybe listening to my own voice isn’t so bad after all. But, still…should I visit Drew...?

          What the heck am I talking about?

          But seriously, should I?

          Yes, Drew is really, really a freak who I’m trying to avoid forever, but at the same time, he was my boyfriend. We were related somehow, and plus, he was a part of my life. I guess there isn’t really a right reason for me to avoid him like that, right?