CHAPTER 2

"Ugh!" I slammed my notepad closed, tossing it on the passenger seat. I was agitated, I had been sitting in the car for the last hour and a half and I was only able to write 3 sentences and nothing more. I felt like there was a brick blocking my mind and I wasn’t able to come up with anything else to write. 

Deciding to give up on writing for the night I rubbed at my eyes, pulling the visor down to study my face. My eyes were light brown as always, but dropped in tiredness on the sides along with the dark circles from the stress of school. My nose stud sparkled slightly from the light coming from one of the light posts outside as I moved to pull my tangled auburn hair into a bun and sat back, trying to decide what to do for the next forty five minutes. At that moment I realized I really had to pee and got out of the car to find a bathroom.

The parking lot was completely empty and only lit from a few light posts as I walked in what felt like zigzags to get to the front of the staples center. I was parked all the way in the back so it took longer than it should have to reach the front, where a woman sat behind a glass window. 

"Excuse me? Where can I find the restroom?" I asked.

She looked up at me, boredom evident on her face. "Walk around the building, go straight, make a right, go straight again, make a left there's a door on the left wall, go in and turn right, walk down that hall, go up the stairs till you reach the third floor, then walk down the hall and it'll be on the right." She looked back down to read a text she received on her phone.

What? "Um, can you please repeat that?" 

The woman kept texting and ignored me as I tapped my finger against the window. I dropped my hands to my side when she didn’t look up and sighed, turning to walk the way I thought she told me to. I walked around the building and went straight,  then opened a gray steal door. It was unlocked and led down a hallway that I could hear faint music from, and turned the first corner. There were several doors and I kept walking until I found one with the restroom sign on it. After about fifteen minutes of walking in circles, I finally turned the corner to find a bathroom. I sighed in relief and quickly went in to use it. When I finished, I went to wash my hands when my phone suddenly beeped indicating a text message. Drying my hands, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to read the text. It was Madison.

MET A FEW HOT SECURITY BOYZ. (; HANGING WITH THEM AFTER. DON'T W8 UP. THANX! <3

"Well I wasted a whole two hours waiting for nothing. Nice Mads." I muttered to no one in particular, as I angrily typed back a reply.

 Sliding my phone in my pocket I headed out the bathroom and stopped in the hallway, looking down both ways.

 Did I come from the left or right? "Shit," I breathed. 

Thinking I came right I walked down the hall and turned left and continued down that way. It was dark, and a red glow dimly lit the hallway. I kept walking till I reached the end of the hall, and went down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom I turned left and walked down that hallway till I got to the door. I opened it, but it led to another hallway. 

I looked around, not familiar with my surroundings and realized I had gone the wrong way.

I groaned and leaned back against one of the walls."Nice job Kaydence, you're lost." I muttered to myself as I fiddled with the end of my shirt, trying to think back which way I came.

I  suddenly heard guys laughing down the end of the hallway, and I stood straight up as I slowly walked down the hallway and kept going till I reached the end, just as someone slammed into me from the side that I went flying against the wall.

"Oww!" My shoulder throbbed in pain, and my hand flew up to clutch it. "What the fuck? Watch where you're going idiot," I said turning around to glare at the person who ran into me.

Then stopped.

A very familiar green eyed, curly headed, lean, tall guy stared back at me. He smirked, his dimple deepening.