CHAPTER 50

So i just wanted to say i am almost at 30k reads! THANK YOU (:

Also i am now writing another story, and already posted the first chapter. It is NOT a fanfiction so i'm sorry about that, but it is a teen fic, romance, fantasy, and paranormal. It's called SAIGE and it's in my works so even though it's not about Harry, please read it and give it a chance!

I am still possibly going to write a second book to this even if i started a new story, i'll just be writing them both at the same time and have to make find time to write for both and deal with class so be patient if i'm slow on updating. 

Anyways, This chapter is a little short because i'm going to start my homework now, but don't forget to VOTE and thank you for 1k votes!(:

ENJOYYYY(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KAYDENCE

Max pulls in to an empty spot near the curb that is right in front of all the shops just right around the corner from the beach. I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door, sliding down from my seat and setting foot on the sidewalk. Max climbs out from his side then walks around the front of the car, meeting me on the sidewalk.

“So, where should we start?” He asks, looking down both ways of the sidewalk and up at the shops lined along it.

I look around at the shops, and spy a nice clothing store farther down. “I’m going to start over there.” I say, pointing to the store, and walking towards it as Max follows.

After walking into the first store I took one look at the other workers and walked out. The other girls working there had makeup caked on their faces, and looked me up and down as I walked in, eyeballing me carefully and judging me. I disregarded it at first, but when I saw them turn to one another and whisper in each other’s ears as they stared at me, I walked out and moved on to the next store. The next one was a book store and I was immediately intrigued. I spoke with the employees there, asking them what it was like and if they were hiring. As they said that they were, I was about to ask when they had suddenly said that the owner doesn’t hire anyone under twenty one years old. I nodded, walked back out, and flipped off the store as I walked away from it.

“This is such bullshit.” I mutter, as we continue to walk along the sidewalk.

“I know, I wonder why they don’t hire anyone under twenty one. I thought only barnes and noble does that?”

“Well they are no barnes and noble so that’s stupid.” I say, annoyed.

Max walks alongside, and tugs at my sleeve, nodding towards an ice cream shop. “Let’s try there?”

I pull my arm away from him and nod. “Sure.”

We walk into the ice cream shop, and I speak to the manager. She tells me they are not hiring at the moment because they had already gotten people to work there for the summer, but that I was welcome to take an application still and they would call me if they needed someone else. I agreed and took the application with me as I trudged out of the store. We tried a few more places but they had already had their spots filled also.

“Ugh, who knew finding a job was so difficult.” I groan.

“Um, I’d say 99.9% of America?” Max says.

I turn my head and glower at him, making him chuckle. I roll my eyes as I look around me for any other shops, and spot a sign taped to a window down the street that reads ‘NOW HIRING’.

“Thank God.” I say excitedly, as I begin to cross the street.

“What?” Max asks as he follows me to the crosswalk.

I look both ways, then cross the street when I see no cars coming and glance over my shoulder at Max. “There’s a store down there that had a sign saying they were hiring.”

I lead the way up to the store, then come to a halt when I look into it.

Max laughs loudly, throwing his head back. “A sex store? You’re that desperate?” He begins to laugh again, and my anger boils over. I reach up, and shove him, glaring at him threw thin slits. He stumbles back momentarily, then stares at me in surprise.

“What was that for?” He asks.

“Laughing.” I hiss, and lean back against the brick wall outside the sex store, feeling worn out. I close my eyes and rub at the side of my face. How am I ever going to find a job? Most places already have their spots filled for the summer, which meant if I wait I won’t be able to receive one till next fall, and I can’t wait that long. I’m not going to school anymore, I have no friends, not that much money left in my account, and only two weeks left at the hotel before I end up on the street. My life is going down the drain, and I feel like I’m going nowhere with it. I’m a loser.

Coming to this realization, my eyes begin to sting with tears and I quickly blink them away, breathing in deeply to relax.

“Hey, are you okay?” Max moves towards me, stopping in front of me and looking at me with concern. “I’m sorry for laughing, I didn’t realize how serious this was for you.”

“Well it is.”

He moves to the side, leaning against the wall next to me. “Why?”

I start to speak before thinking, telling him exactly why. “Because I got kicked out of school, have no friends or family to support me, and I only have so much money left. I NEED a job.”

Max is silent for a moment as he reflects on my confession. I don’t look at him, but I can see him gazing at me from the side of my eyes.

“Why doesn’t Harry help you out?” He suddenly asks.

I draw my eyebrows together and look at him in annoyance. “I don’t want his help because he’s already done a lot for me. “

“Well I am just saying, why hasn’t he offered you a spot to work with them or something? They have money.”

“Max, I don’t want Harry for his money and I don’t want him to think I do. So I’m glad he hasn’t done what you’ve suggested.” I say, irritated.

He nods slowly, and rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably. “Alright. Well, what if I helped you?”

“You? Help me?” I look at him in disbelief. “How?”

He shrugs, and crosses his ankles. “I’m not sure, but I know we could find something for you to do for the band. Maybe be an assistant? We lost one of our people a week ago, she just had a baby so I’m sure you could fill her spot.”

I contemplate it, and look down at my feet. Harry would hate it. Nope actually he would loathe it. It’s one thing for me to talk to him and be friends with him, which thanks to my little white lie he knows nothing about yet, but it’s another to be working for his band.

“It pays really well too.”

“How much?” I can’t help but ask.

“About seven hundred a week.” He says.

I suck in a breath in amazement. Seven hundred dollars. That’s more then what most people make in a week. If I took this job, I would be making over a thousand dollars in just two weeks. That’s more then what I would need.

But if I did accept what would Harry do? Would he understand? I shake my head, dismissing the ongoing questions floating around in my head. Why do I even care? I don’t love him…I don’t think. I know I like Harry, but am I really going to let a boy influence my decisions?

Not to mention, if he really did love me, he would understand. He has to.

I look at Max, and give in before my conscious takes over. “I’ll do it.”