CHAPTER 9

KAYDENCE

I packed the last of my things and sat on my bed, glancing around the room. I thought of how hard I had to work to get here. About how many jobs I had to take to be able to pay for this school, of how I worked so hard on getting good grades to be admitted, and now all my hard work had just gone waste.

Just then, Madison came in the room, interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm so sad you have to go..." She said, as she sat down next to me.

I shrugged. "Yeah it sucks, but oh well."

She tilted her head and squinted at me. "Where are you gonna stay?"

I couldn't tell her the truth. If she knew, she would never let me leave. She was a huge fan of Harry and if she knew I was staying with him, she would never stop interrogating me.

"A friend," I simply answered.

"A friend," she repeated. "I thought you said you didn't have any friends."

"Um yeah, well it's just an old friend from high school."

She stared at me and narrowed her eyes. "Okaaaay...well you know you can call me if you need anything, right?"

I stood up, grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. "Yes I know. I gotta go though. I'll call you when I get there." I pulled out my room key and gave it to her. "Give it to the chancellor when he comes looking for me."

She nodded sadly and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back.

"Love you Kay."

"Love you too Mads." I pulled back and walked out of the room, leaving my only friend behind

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I entered the hotel, the same man from yesterday was at the front desk. He smiled and nodded reassuringly at me. I waved at him, and moved towards the elevator.

I pulled my phone out and sent a text to Harry, telling him I was here. He had messaged me on Twitter last night, and gave me his number. He said it was easier then having to open his account every time I messaged him.

As the elevator doors opened to the fourth floor my phone vibrated in my hand.

HARRY:

COOL, I'M AT REHEARSALS. I SHOULD BE DONE IN AN HOUR. LET YOURSELF IN AND MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME.

I texted him back, and let myself in once I reached the door. I tossed my bag on the floor and glanced around the room.

It was so big, and a gold chandelier hung from the ceiling. There were two small couches that sat around a coffee table, and flowers were set in the middle of it. I looked over to the large unmade bed.

Nice Harry, didn't even make your bed, I thought as I turned away from it. My stomach growled loudly and I strolled into the kitchen. That too was freaking huge.

I opened one of the cabinets and looked for a decent snack.

Chips, crackers, granola bar, Pringles. Seriously? Where was the good stuff?

I shut the cabinet and opened the next one.

"Jackpot." I said, smiling as I took out the bag of Oreos.

"Mmmm," I groaned, stuffing my mouth full of cookies, and headed back to the other room.

I picked up my bag and put it in the corner of the room that looked empty and went through it, pulling out clean clothes and underwear.

What time was it? I checked the time on my phone, and decided I had enough time to shower before Harry got back. Setting the rest of the cookies on the coffee table I grabbed my shampoo and walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

I stripped off my clothes while the water heated up, then jumped in. Harry's shampoo was sitting on the edge of the shower, and that's when I realized Harry has been naked.

In this shower...

STOP! I scolded myself, before my thoughts could go any farther from where they were starting to head.

I showered, letting the hot water hit me, and scrubbed the shampoo into my hair. Closing my eyes, I started humming and singing to 'For the love of a daughter' by Demi Lovato. I wanted to belt the lyrics, and feel it, when I remembered I wasn't at home.

Oh what then hell? He wasn't here. I sang out loud, feeling the vibrations in my throat.

HARRY

I closed the door behind me as I entered my room, rehearsals were tiring today and I was sweaty from running around on stage with the mates.

Slipping off my shirt, I threw it on my bed and sauntered towards the bathroom, then stopped with my hand on the door knob.

Kaydence was In the shower, singing some sad song. I stepped back, and moved to the edge of the bed. I sat there listening.

"I can be manipulated, only so many times. Before even I love you, starts to sound like a lie..Oh you have a hollowed out heart but it's heavy in your chest, I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless." she belted the lyrics, and I was stunned. I had no idea she could sing, but she was REALLY good. I heard the emotion and pain in her voice, and It made me curious again as to what her secrets were.

The shower shut off and I sat frozen where I was. I started to panic, and searched around the room, trying to find something to make it seem like I wasn't listening.

Just as I stood up, she came out of the bathroom in only a towel and I paused mid step.

She hadn't noticed me yet, she was looking down at her tangled wet hair, the towel hanging open on her back.

I moved forward, "He-"

"AHH!" She screamed, jumping up and grabbing hold the front of her towel.

"What the hell Harry?! You almost gave me a heart attack!" She yelled, and scoweled at me.

I pressed my lips together, to keep from laughing. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

She rolled her eyes then snapped her head back at me. "Wait, how long have you been here?"

I studied her face before answering. "A few minutes. You have a nice voice by the way."

She sucked in her breath and pressed her lips together in a hard line. She crossed her arms over her chest, making me glance at the drops of water that rolled down her skin. Quickly I looked away.

"You weren't suppose to hear that..." She said quietly.

I gazed back at her, and shrugged.

She dropped her arms, and moved past me to her clothes. "I gotta change. So if you don't mind."

"Right," I turned to the bathroom, "I'll be in the shower."

I walked in the bathroom, removing my jeans.

"Shit," I remembered I forgot to grab a change of clothes.

I swung the door open, then half closed it, once I saw that Kaydence had her bare back to me, and the chair she stood by covered the rest of my view. She leaned over, picked up her bra, slid it on, and clasped it. I closed the door quietly and waited a few seconds, to control my hormones.

"Hey I'm coming out. I need my clothes." I said loud enough so she could hear.

"Hold on!"

I waited till she told me it was okay to come out, then scurried to my dresser, taking longer then I should of to find clean pants.

"You're wasting hot water." She said.

"I know," I said nervously, knowing it was going to be a cold shower I'd be taking instead.

-------------

Made another long oneeee. Hope you like (:

Please vote!