CHAPTER 1

OKAY BEFORE READING THIS STORY I NEED EVERYONE TO READ THIS FIRST.

I would like to point out that this story IS in editing. I realize the beginning of this story is kind of bad, like style of the writing and maybe some of the grammar. I want to ask if you could please be patient through out the story, my writing improves the further you get. It's been about 2 years since I wrote the first chapter of this & I've been writing a lot since so again, it does get better. Don't lose interest within the first few chapters, try and keep reading through till the improvement shows. 

ALSO: There are topics in this story that might be hard to read like, sexual abuse, cutting, etc. Also there is MATURE CONTENT, I'm stating this now in case there's anyone who can't handle or doesn't like that stuff. THIS IS A WARNING READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Okay, that's all. I'm Kelsey by the way, enjoy this story. (& the sequel if you make it that far.) (: 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

KAYDENCE

"I'm so excited for the concert tonight!"

I sat at my desk in our small dorm room, trying to finish my poem I had been working on for the last week, but my roommate Madison made it extremely difficult to concentrate. She had been squealing and kicking her legs against the mattress for the past half hour about some concert she was going to tonight, and it was driving me mad

"Madison."

"Shhhh!" She waved her hand at me, dismissing me as she clutched her iPhone closer to her ear and flipped her blonde hair over her tan shoulder. "Oh my God I know! They're all hot though it's hard to choose."

I sighed, feeling exasperated as I stared down at my notebook and tried to tune Madison's voice out. She continued to talk loudly so I huffed and tapped my pencil against the desk in annoyance, knowing how much that annoyed her when I did. 

"Hold on." She held a hand over the phone and glared at me with her big blue eyes. "Kaydence, Can you not?"

"Can you not talk in here? I'm trying to write." I said, giving her an even look as I continued to tap the end of my pencil against the desk, waiting for her to end the call but instead She ignored me, and went on with her conversation. I groaned and tossed the pencil on the desk and flipping my notebook closed, giving up on writing for now.  It was times like these I hated being Madison's roommate, and wished I had my own room. Don't get me wrong, she was cool, and we were pretty close for the most part, but she could talk for hours on the phone and I was more of a quiet person who also liked being in quiet places. We were so different in so many ways, she was all about fashion, I just kept to my converse and t-shirts. She wore tons of makeup, I only wore mascara. She had a million friends, and I had, well just her. 

"What? No! How the hell are we supposed to get there then?" Madison's loud shouts brought me out of my thoughts and I glanced over to see her face twisted in distress. She was silent as she waited for her friend to respond. "No, I don't have a car remember? Wait- ," Her eyes flicked up to meet mine as a small smile began to tug the corner of her lips. Oh great, that was my cue. I quickly stood up from my desk and began to fumble with my notebook and pens, getting ready to grab my backpack. "I've got an idea I'll call you back." Madison quickly said and hung up the phone, sitting up in one swift movement as I headed to the door.

"Kay! Wait!" She said in her high pitched voice, moving to stand up quickly before I can make it out of the door.

"What do you want?" I asked briefly.

She smiled sweetly, her whole face changing as she switched on the charm that seemed to work on guys. "Funny you ask, but Julie's friend bailed on driving us to the concert so we kind of or sort of, no most definitely need a ride."

"No." I turned on my heel and reached out to grab the door handle when suddenly Madison threw herself against the door, blocking my path. I bit back a laugh when she winced in pain, then laid her arms flat against the wall on either side of her.

"Kay," She breathed, and looked me straight in the eye while I stood back and crossed my arms over my chest. "Please! I wouldn't ask you to drive us if you'd lend me your car but I know you don't let anyone drive it so please, as your best friend I'm asking you nicely to drive us and take us back. That's all, I'll never ask anything of you again."

"I was going to go to the library." I stated.

"Liar." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not lying, I was really going to go since someone talks too loud on the phone and I can't hear myself think."

She narrowed her eyes at me." You would have been able to write once I left the concert so you were only leaving because you knew I needed something." She pointed out as she lifted her eyebrow and waited for me to respond. When I didn't answer her, her face fell and she pouted at me. "Kay, pretty please? If you can't take us we can't go."

I stared at her, keeping my face neutral as I tried to decide. I wasn't going to give in so easily unless I got something in return. "I'll drive you, If you let me watch 'Friends' every night for the rest of the month." 

She looked hurt, and flinched back as her face fell. "But I'm still watching every season of gossip girl on Netflix!"

"Then, no." I grinned at her, moving to step around her when she groaned.

"Fine!  You can watch it." She tossed her head back against the door with a thud and I laughed.

"Fine, then I'll take you."

 Her eyes flew wide open. "Oh my god thank you!" She cheered as she squealed and suddenly threw her arms around me, making me flinch away. She quickly dropped her arms and stepped back. "Sorry, I forgot." She grinned weakly then jumped in excitement on her way to her bed." We have to leave by 5:00 so get dress in an hour! I'm so excited to see my babies," she said, caressing the One Direction picture that hung on her wall. She tossed herself onto the bed as she picked up her phone, "I have got to call Julie."

I moved back across the room, flopping down on my bed and turning on my side as my eyes drifted over to the poster of the five boys. I grimaced, and then turned away from it as I shut my eyes. "You do that."

~~~~~~~~

We had been driving in the car for almost an hour when we finally neared the entrance of the staples center.

"We're here! I'm so excited!" Screamed Julie from the backseat while Madison yelled in excitement too.  They had been doing this the whole car ride and I was about ready to cut my ears off if they didn't stop soon.

"What if we were to run into one of them?! Can you imagine!" Julie shouted, and then leaned forward against the back of Madison's seat. "Oh my god, I'm so exc-"

"WE GOT IT." I cut her off then rolled my eyes as I did my best to mimic her voice. "You're so excited."

Julie scrunched her face at me, and then leaned away as if I had a disease. "What the hell is up your ass Kay? You use to like one direction."

"Use to," it was true I did. I use to love them, I was a true fangirl but stopped after the accident happened. I met Madison's eyes, knowing she was thinking of the same thing. 

"Well why'd you stop?" Asked Julie.

I looked away from Madison when she gave me a weak smile, not wanting to meet her eyes again. "I don't know, I just stopped liking them. They give me a headache."

"What!" She sat forward in her seat again, "Are you kidding me? Their voices are angelic. What the f-"

"Julie drop it." Madison hissed at her, turning her head back around to give me a guilty smile.

I ignored her as I finally pulled into a parking space, shutting the car off and leaning back in my seat. Madison and Julie gathered their things and stepped out of the car.

Madison looked at me with a worried look. "What are you going to do while we're gone?" 

I lifted my notepad and waved it at her. "Write, since I finally got some silence."

She rolled her eyes then stared at me for a moment, then nodded. "Okay, lock the doors. Be safe." And with that she shut the door and squealed as she ran across the lot with Julie.