Peace and blessings

Blake
I got inside the car and looked at Willow who was staring straight ahead with no expression on her face. With no, make up, she looked different. Not like that, she was pretty even without any cosmetics. But she almost looked like Aurelia right now. They were sisters after all, what else do I expect.

I started the car as the silence kept getting more suffocating. I feel bad for her. It's like she's lost herself, forgot to smile. The place of her best friends in her life is irreplaceable and the void cannot be filled, no matter what. I sit up straighter in my seat and a speed breaker comes up and I involuntarily jump, hitting my head on the ceiling.
"Fuck ouch." I curse under my breathe and rub the sore spot on my head.
'Wear your seatbelt.' A kid's automatic voice booms out of the speakers and I close my eyes in frustation.

This was dad's idea. To warn me when I'm not wearing seatbelts. I had somehow managed to disable it only to find that Aurelia had permanently enabled it again. I'm about to wear my seatbelt when I hear Willow giggle.

I look in disbelief at her. I haven't seen her smile since the past one week. And here she is giggling because of some nonsense in my car.
"That was cute." She says, with the hint of a small smile on her face.
"Yeah, my dad does that." I say, scratching my head, confused. I was talking to the girl who was a complete bitch to me a week back and is now so sweet. Well, okay. Pain does that to you. I just hope she permanently changes into a good person.

She doesn't say anything after that and then we get down as we reach the church. Willow walks in front of me and I trail behind her. Inside, I sit on one of the desks while Willow goes at the front to light the candle.

I sit and observe my surroundings. I do believe that there might be some spiritual supernatural force controlling us and making things happen the way they turn out; but I don't believe that we need to worship or pray to that being. I visit mosques, churches and temples; but not to ask for anything byt simply to bask about in the beauty of it. Aurelia accompanies me too and she does all the rituals as well. I miss her right now. I wonder how many times I fall in love with her in one moment. I smile as I think about her.

Willow comes back and sits down a few feet away from me.
She's crying and she wipes away her tears when she notices me looking at her.
I scoot a bit closer to her but we still aren't touching. "Hey Willow. Things will be fine. Jess and Lindsay are at a better place, some place better than this world. Remember, they loved you and they wouldn't like you like this. They'd want to see you strong and moving ahead in life keeping in mind just the memories of the past. They're happy, you should be too." I smile at her. Her head is placed on the desk as she looks at me. If she wouldn't have been such a meanie, maybe I would have treated her like a little sister.

"Why didn't I get someone to tell this to me before?" She whispers and I smile.
"I did now, didn't I?" I say and she gets up.
"You're right. I'm stronger than this." She says with a new found determination in her eyes.

"Have you lost anyone who was very close to you?" She asks after a moment.
I break into a smile. "Yes, I've lost people. So what? Someone leaves, someone else comes. It's a cycle. Life goes on and on, Willow. Time and tide wait for no one. When things change, you pack your bags and blow along wherever the wind takes you."

"Does it always have to be that way?" She asks me, scrutinizing my eyes with her big, blue ones.
"Sometimes, there comes along a person. That person, when you see them, you want time to stop. If you are meant to be, time does abide by you too. That one person is worth stopping for. That one person is so special that even the wind takes you flying towards them. Wait for that one person, it will be worth it."

"Do you have that someone?"
"Isn't it pretty obvious?"
"Aurelia?"
"Yep. She's my person."

She stares at me for a while before smiling.
"You too are like, relationship goals."
"We're more than that Willow, much more than that."

She grins at me and then I say,"I think we should leave now."
She nods and I get up. She suddenly grips my waist and I turn around to see her looking up at me with tears in her eyes.
"Thanks Blake." She says and hugs me.

My arms hang limply by my sides as I try to make sense of what to do. Unsurely, I too slip my hand at her back and hold her hesitantly.
"Umm..welcome?" I stutter.

She laughs and seperates.
"Be around often. You, me and Aurelia, we'll make a great group." She says and I smile. It'll be great if she gets friends even though a small voice at the back of my head daunts me. Will she try to meddle with our relation-

"And Blake, I'm sorry I dabbled with your and Aurelia's relationship in the start. It won't happen again, I swear."
She says her blue eyes filled with innocence.
"It's okay." I say, not completely sure if it is okay or not.

We get inside the car and it's like Willow has bloomed. She isn't completely happy but has taken a step towards it. Aurelia will be so freaking happy when she hears about this. All throughout the way home, sentences are exchanged between us. Soon, I drop her home and head towards Elise's place to pick up Aurelia.