The new guy

Aurelia
"Willow please wake up." I say as I shuffle in my wardrobe for clothes to wear. Girls, do you have those moments where the closet is stashed with outfits of all kinds, but you feel like you don't have anything? Yes, that's the story of my life.

"Willow you fucktard please wake up." I say louder this time. She just groans and turns her head to adjust her hair.
"Willow pillow wake up for the last fucking time." I throw a pillow at her.
"Now don't call me that please, I'll the crush the life out of you." She sits up straighter than a spine on the bed and gives me a you're-so-dead look.
I smirk at her and walk into the bathroom before she can strangle me. I have a quick bath.

Okay, not really a quick one. I contemplate about life, make some decisions, think about some scenes which are never going to happen and then wrap a towel around me and come out. As I come out, Willow hits me lightly on my head and rushes into the bathroom. I roll my eyes. Why does she need to run like that? Not that I'm going to chase her and beat the crap out of her.

I remove a pair of jeans and a light sweater from the wardrobe and dress up fast. I comb my shoulder length blonde hair and leave it open. Blow drying may make your hair look good, but the long term effect is that it might just destroy it forever. I look into my brownish grey eyes and just hand straighten my eyelashes. The rest of me is good. I tie up my hair in a high pony tail because seriously, I need to concentrate and I can't do it with any distractions. It might be just my hair flying around my face then.

Willow comes out of the bathroom wearing her pink bathrobe and heads straight to blow dry her hair. "I remember telling you how it destroys your locks." I say to her. "And I remember asking you to chill." She turns around and smiles at me. My sister, she's dazzling. Stunning and gorgeous. She's easily the most pursued girl in our school, surprisingly, she isn't dating anyone yet. And I'd like to keep it that way. I know I'm behaving like a rowdy big brother, but she's my baby sister after all. As a child, I also wanted an elder brother. Mainly because elder brothers may be annoying, but they protect you and they are your heroes. As I actually grew up, I realized that the elder one has more responsibility, the younger ones get pampered while the older ones guide them. So what if I couldn't get a hero, I became one for my sister and me.

I went down to have breakfast in the kitchen. I and Willow live on the first floor of our little cottage while mom and dad live on the ground floor.

"Good morning mom and dad." I drawl as I sit on the table next to dad. "Good morning Aurelia. Where is Willow?" Dad asks as he takes another spoonful of his milk oats. "You know how long she takes to get ready dad." I say. "And my smart girl here is ready, simplicity at it's best." I smile at dad. "I'd really like it Aurelia, if you doll up like the other girl. I'm waiting for the day when you eventually get a guy to meet us, look how Willow does." My mom is a really sweet person, she loves both of her daughters equally but she feels that even I should dress up, apply make up and be chased by guys. Basically, I need to be Willow according to her. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it's not my thing. "Ana you should sometimes feel proud of your daughter's achievements as well instead of just pointing out little petty things which don't matter." I wink at dad and he smiles back at me.

"Good morning Ellingsons." Willow dramatically announces from the top of the stairs and practically skips her way down, hips swaying perfectly with each motion. She's wearing denim shorts and a crop top to go along with that.

"Good morning Willow." Dad says and she kisses him on the cheek. He might not approve of her ways but he doesn't even disapprove. He has given his daughters enough freedom to let them learn life experiences on their own instead of constantly marking forbidden territory. "Sister." She calls out to me and pouts. "Pillow." I pout back at her. She gives me a poker face blank look. "Okay come on we need to get to school on time." I say to her as I gather my bag from the table.

"Do you girls need me to drop you off? If yes, you will probably have to wait for two minutes more." Dad starts. "No dad no, that's not happening, if we leave exactly now, we'll reach school five minutes earlier, which is conventionally the perfect time to reach, so yeah we should leave." I say and dad just shakes his head while mom kisses both of our foreheads.

We head out and sit in the car. "Aurelia don't get your ass in a twist. We'll be perfectly on time."

"Yeah yeah, as long as I am driving, I know we will. Tell me, how is sophomore year coming along?"
"Oh it's great. I'm trying out for the dance team you know? I really want to get into performing arts."
"No matter what, just be confident during the interview. All will be good."
"How is it being a junior?"
"A step lesser than being a senior."
"How smart." She snorts while I laugh. I park our car and she gets down from the other side. I get down as well and no sooner than we reach the stairs, a car zooms in and stops right in the middle of campus.

A guy gets down from the driver seat of the sports car and looks around as he gets down. "Holy fuck, who's that?" Willow asks as she slides down her shades across her sloped nose. "New guy, I guess." I say, biting my lip.

Oh, high school life.