Knight in armour

Aurelia
I flip my page when my phone pings. "One more black coffee please." I call out to the lady at the counter before picking my phone up. It's night time yet there are more than five people over here, all of them studying, talking or on dates. I pick my phone up to see a text from Blake.

Call me if you are free. -B

I ignore the message. I have to stay away from him, remember? Low likes him and I can't come in between. I focus at the work on hand. Thirty minutes later, my phone rings.

Blake calling

I pick it up with a sigh. As far as I know, he won't give up. "Hey." I say.
"Auri, thank God you picked up. I was so worried."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"
"You respond to my texts, this time you didn't. Obviously I was tensed if something was wrong."

Guilt flitted across my heart as I thought of this boy who hadn't once thought that I was ignoring him. Who cares for me even when he should he enjoying at the party.
"I'm sorry Blake." I say without a pause.
"Why are you apologizing?"
"I couldn't respond to your texts, that's why. I didn't see it as the phone was on the silent mode."
"It's okay Auri, you don't need to feel sorry."
"So tell me why have you called?"
"This party is so boring without you."
"Without me? I'm one of the most boring people on this planet."
"Not to me. For some people, fun is getting drunk, dancing like crazy and doing stupid stuff. For me, fun is talking, joking and simply keeping the conversation flowing. And that happens with you Auri." I smiled as I thought of what he had just said.
"How's the party, I'm asking seriously now!" I say.
"The food is great." He laughs.
"Okay did you meet Willow?" I ask as I nervously twirl my pencil.
"Yes about Willow, I just waved to her when she came. But not two seconds ago, in fact just while talking to you, I saw a guy carrying her to the bedrooms upstairs. So was he one of her friends or does she have a boyfriend with whom she went for a make out session?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Nup, she doesn't sleep around and she definitely doesn't have a boyfriend."
"Do you want me to check on her?"
"Do you have any idea about who the guy was?"
"I couldn't make out much but he was from our school, dark hair and medium heighted. Auri, you're beginning to worry me, should I check?"

Fuck, is it Tom? He'll touch Willow and I'll kill him.
"Blake wait for me. I'm coming right now."
Before he can say anything, I hang up the phone, gather my belongings and I'm speeding with my car towards the frat house the next moment.

• • •

I stop the car at the entrance and get down. Blake stands worriedly near the gate and as he sees me, he straightens up. "Come with me, we'll check." He assures me and we push through the throng of students and go up the doors. There's only one floor and we open each door. Some are indulged in censored activities, the rest are just getting drunk and playing stupid games. My heart thuds out of my chest as I try to search desperately for Willow. Then we reach one end door which is locked from the inside, and I somehow know that Willow is in there. Blake senses this and pushes the door. He applies complete pressure and at the third time the door breaks open.

I rush in and stop in my tracks. That asshole is perched upon my sister as she cries helplessly with her clothes pulled halfway down. My hands move to my mouth as I stare in shock. Blake however reacts faster than me. He pulls Tom off Willow and punches him square in the jaw. Willow looks utterly broken as she just lies there crying, pulling her dress back up, but it's torn. Blake beats up Tom some more before yanking him out. He turns to look at Willow but then immediately averts his eyes. He takes off his jacket and keeps it in her lap as I sit on the bed and take her head in my lap. "Did that bastard do anything to you?" I ask her as I cover the jacket around her.

"No thank you Lia, you were here in time, I don't know what he might have done." She says between sobs while my own tears flow out freely. This was all my fault.

"He's been handed over to the police station nearby. I've disallowed anyone to come here, we can go to your home now." Blake says as he comes back in the room. His gaze stops on me instead of Willow and he touches my hand. "Auri we need to leave." He says softly. He gives me his hand which I gladly take and somehow I hoist Willow over my shoulder as I take her.

"Blake I can't carry her." I stutter. Willow has lost consciousness and is completely asleep. Blake sighs and then picks up Willow in his strong arms and carries her downstairs. People look at us and I know what they must be thinking. But I don't fucking care.
I glare at Jess and Lindsay who shirk under my gaze and open the car doors as Blake puts her behind in the back seat. I hand over the keys to him and settle next to him in the passenger seat. He starts the car and we reach at home in no time at all. He once again picks her up from the passenger seat and carries her inside the house.

When we enter, mom and dad look at us flabbergasted and I know I have a lot of explaining to do.

"What happened to her Aurelia?" Mom asks as she leaps up from the couch while Blake goes to our room to keep Willow.
I rub my forehead and start with the explanation.