Reconcilation

Aurelia
Steve holds my hands in his and looks into my eyes.
"We can have a long distance relationship Lia, we can fall in love all over again. I'll come to visit you every month. All that is remaining now is a yes from your side." He says and I feel the sincerity in each word of his.

Behind Steve, I see Blake coming out of school to access his car. He looks at me and starts walking over, ignoring Steve.
But then his gaze falls on our hands and Steve chooses that exact moment to push back a lock of my hair from my face.

Blake stops short in his tracks, the situation grasping onto him. He looks defeated and all I want to do is reach over to him and hug him. He turns and walks back to his car, head hanging low. I watch as he sits in the driver's seat, waits for a few moments and then drives off.

"Aurelia where are you?" Steve snaps his fingers in front of my eyes. Startled, I look up at him and pull my hands out of his grip.
"What's wrong?" He asks, hurt evident on his face.
"Steve, all I want to say is..."
"Yes?" He asks, anticipation bursting in his eyes.
"...thank you."

"What?"
"Hadn't you left me, I wouldn't have been as strong and confident as I am now. I wouldn't have known what it is like to have someone to put back the pieces after your heart is broken. I wouldn't have realized what I actually deserve. Thank you Steve, if you wouldn't have left me, I wouldn't have found an angel like Blake." My voice cracks at the end and Steve withdraws, confused and at a loss for words.

"You...you don't want me anymore?" He says and I shake my head.
"It's not about you. Steve, I..I love Blake. He's the one for me. I'm not the right girl for you. I'm meant to be with someone else." I try to explain him and he nods, still trying to make sense of my words.

I give him a quick hug and say,"All the best in life Steve. May you get all the love you deserve, just remember that it won't be from me. There's a better girl waiting for you out there. Bye! And wish me luck too!" I say and don't wait when the third bus in a row comes. This bus will take me to Blake. I'm not forgiving him so easily, but I can atleast hear what he has to say.

I get down in front of his house and try to forget how things turned out the last time we were here. I take a deep breathe and go inside. The front door is locked so I enter from the back. Yes, I know all the ways to his house. As well as his heart.

I call out his name when I reach his living room. No one can be seen. His dad has gone for a business trip to USA, where is he? Unsurely, I climb up the stairs to his room and again see no one there. I walk towards the window, raking my eyes over his unexpectedly messy room.

"Ow!" It felt like someone pulled the rig from beneath my feet. I thank God for not falling and look carefully, indeed there is an underground basement. Nice. I never knew Blake could be so secretive. I climb down the ladder discreetly and wave a hand in front of my eyes as light from a source blinds me.

There are spotlights here. Not very bright, but about four. I look at one wall and gasp in surprise when I see it is covered by pictures of his mother. There is also a painting which is fantastic. Blake said that he loved art, but I didn't knew he was this talented. This portrait is a masterpiece.

I turn to the other wall and my mouth dries up. Because pasted in a fantastic array of shades, are my pictures covering the entire wall. This should have been super creepy, but knowing that the guy I love has done all these things, totally changes the facts. There is another canvas, which has a white sheet draped upon it. I pull it off and another surprise awaits me.

It is a marvellous painting of me, one he has drawn from a photograph. The picture was a candid clicked when he had just called out my name, making me turn and click the picture at that exact moment. Somehow, he had made the painting with so much love and detailing, that I looked beautiful, strong and happy. He had made me all of those things. In pictures and in real. He had made me beautiful.

"Who is there?" His voice booms from the far corner and I look at him scared, like a deer caught in headlights. I can only see a silhouette of him but then he emerged, one hand holding a palette and the other holding a paintbrush. And shirtless.

I gulped. Sometimes I forget what a wonderful looking specie of man he is. Paint drops are splattered against his chiselled chest and sweat glistens on his flat, shaped abs. His torn denim jeans hang off loosely on his waist. However, his eyes capture me the most. His lifeless orbs suddenly spark up when they see me.
"Aurelia?" His voice comes barely above a whisper.

"Blake." I say and he closes the distance between us. I hug him tight, trying to ignore my pounding heart reminding me of the lack of clothing layers between us.
"What is all this? How-" my voice cracks and I break into sobs into his arms.
"Shh. Cry it out. I've missed you." He says and holds me while I sob like a baby.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I've been a witch. You're such an amazing person and look at me. What did I even do to deserve you?" I say and he just runs his hand through my hair in that soothing way of his.
"Let's go up and talk?" He says and I nod.

•••

We've hit half a century in chapters! Keep the support coming in. Only 1/4 of this book is left now. I love all your comments and votes. Thank you so much!!!