Late night texts

Aurelia
I cuddle up in my coverlet as I get ready to text Blake. It's 12:00 am and my perfect timetable has gone for a toss. But I'm too happy to care. Willow has accepted us. I almost want to squeal in delight.

Hey. -A

Hello Auri. -B

Willow has accepted us. I'm so damn happy! -A

We don't need her permission to date. -B

Blake -_- -A

Yeah yeah I get it. My sister is your little sister as well, treat her well and all. -B

Exactly! I expected her to be difficult, but she agreed. It's surprising, really. -A

If that makes you smile. -B

:) -A

:* -B

Don't make me blush now. -A

I'm glad I affect you in that way miss. -B

You should be. It's only you, after all. -A

Haha, btw, are you coming to that party tomorrow? -B

Tbh, I don't really want to, but Ill come. Im learning to expand my horizons with you, arent I? -A

Haha yea, I'll pick you up tomorrow then? -B

Sure. Good night. -A

Good night Auri ;) -B

I smiled looking at my screen. He had't dropped the love bomb yet. He hadn't even properly asked me out yet. We were taking baby steps, and that was absolutely fine by me. I looked over at Willow who was sleeping soundly, I'm proud of her for not giving me any reason to worry.

Early on the next morning, I dried my hair and thought of trying some new hairstyle. Most of the time it was just up in a high, messy ponytail but now I had someone to make an effort for. Willow came out of the bathroom and watched me for a while as she blow dried her hair once again, despite me reprimanding her several times.
"Dressing up and all huh Lia?" She says from behind. I can't help but notice an edge to her voice.
"Yeah, just trying a new hairstyle." I laugh as I say that.
"Well it isn't suiting you, and you aren't tying it properly." She says quite casually and I wince. That hit hard.
I stop the braiding midway and look in the mirror. I thought I looked pretty, but now the style looked plain wierd on me. She's right. She's so stylish and always looks perfect, I should stop doing all this and let it be. Nothing suits me.

I open the braid and settle on a pony tail once again. "Willow are you ready to go?" I ask her as I adjust the strap of my bag on my shoulder. She braids her hair the same way I did and looks much, much better.

"You look lovely." I say to her and she gives me a smile. "Thanks!"
We walk down the stairs and saw mom setting up the table.
"Where is dad?" I ask her as I settle into one of the chairs.
"He had some early business today." She says and looks at me for a while.

"You didn't tell me that you started dating?" She said as she herself sat on the seat in front of me.
I looked down as I reddened. Surely, talking about my boyfriends with my family isn't something I do on a daily basis. "We aren't official yet. We started dating just a few days ago and I was about to tell you when the time is right." I say.

"Well, I approve. That guy is better than the previous Steward guy of yours. I just thought he and Willow had a thing. But you, Aurelia and he will make a wonderful pair." She said and smiled. I thought so too. That Blake is better off with Willow. And I could find my insecurities rising again when Willow spoke.

"Mom Aurelia suits Blake perfectly. I don't know why anyone could think otherwise." She says as she bites into an apple. I look at her in awe. She was back to her sweet self. She winks at me as she catches me gaping at her. Willow Ellingson is, really charming. I grin back at her and we get up to go to school together.

I get in the car to drive off as she settles beside me. I love my car, it's vintage but absolutely beautiful.
"So you said it isn't official yet. I thought you'll were in a relationship." She asks and I look at her face to see if she's being a smartass or mocking me, but all I see is curiousity.
"Actually he never asked me. It all started all of a sudden when he kissed me-"
"He kissed you? First?" She asks, her mouth agape.
"Yes, what was so astonishing about that? And after that, he told me that he liked me and I admitted it too. And here we are." I finish off. Even thinking about him makes me smile.

"Wow. Nice. But don't you think he's a jock? Like he's good looking, a football player and seems like the bad boy, he's surely had many girlfriends in the past. What if he's just playing with you?" She asks as she leans back into the seat.

"I don't think so. And even if he is, isn't this what it is all about? You know your heart can break, you literally put it out on the line, and give in anyways. Now there's no guarantee if he'll catch me or not, but I'm ready to fall. That's what we all want: one chance at love." I say as I turn the car to enter into the school's parking lot.

"So wise." Willow mutters and I laugh. You need to go through a lot of stupidity to be wise later in life. I get down from the car and head to class. As we enter the main gate, Blake comes down the stairs, smiling at me. Looking at him gives me the same feeling you get when your food is coming towards you in a restaurant. As he walks upto me and hugs me tight, I hear Willow huff and walk away, her heels clicking on the ground.