Heated conversations

Aurelia
I shut the door of my locker when I see Blake standing next to it. He doesn't look angry or hurt, in fact his face is blank. And that scares me the most. Somehow, emotions make us feel secure, they can be dealt with, but when you don't know what the other person is thinking, what are you even supposed to do?

"Hey." I mutter. I shouldn't be ignoring him.
"Great. I thought you'll go back to ignoring me considering I'm now dating your sister." He remarks.
"Blake, about that-"
"No Aurelia you need to come outside with me." He says pointedly and walks out, while I follow him. People around look at us but I couldn't care less.

"So Raymond comes and asks me whether I'm dating Willow in front of my entire class and I can't deny, because supposedly my best friend and Willow's sister said this thing to everyone." He says as he casually leans against the car. Considering how everyone has already left and the few people back in the corridor are also filing out, no one can hear us.

"Blake I just kind of blurted it out to Elise, I'll make up for it." I say as I keep my gaze down, not willing to meet his.
"But Auri that's not what we're here for. It's high time you tell me the truth." He says as he folds his hands across his chest. I try not to look at the veins in his hand or his muscular chest.

"What truth?" I finally meet his eyes even though I very well know which truth he is speaking about.
"Do not deny. I know what's going on in that pretty little head of your's." He says and I blush. He called your head pretty, not you, stop blushing.
"Aurelia I'm waiting." He seriously intimidates me. I stare into his green eyes.

"Um, I really don't know what you mean to say Blake."
"This is the last time I'm asking Aurelia, or else I'll leave, and then you can forget ever talking to me, I'm dead serious." He adds with a glint in his eyes.
And he is. He can be very scary if he wants to. But what is even scarier is losing him. And anyways he deserves to know. There's no point in keeping the truth hidden from him.

"Willow likes you," I bite my lip. "And for that I've to stay away from you."
He looked incredibly confused, might I add adorable as well, as he ran a hand through his hair and furrowed his brows.
"So why do you have to stay away from him?" Because I like you and you can never be mine. "Because then Willow can get closer to you."

"That's bullshit. You don't have to turn your back to me so that she can get closer. And I don't like your sister. So there's absolutely no chance of me dating her. Get that clear in your head." He says as I look on.
"Why don't you want to date Willow? Guys will die to get her. Now she likes you and you don't even want her. She's pretty, she's bold, she's confident, what is the problem then?" I rant out.

"It isn't always about looks."
"Yes it is. Boys go for looks."
"There's a thing called as personality as well."
"But no. Boys don't fall for personality. They see beautiful girls and then approach them to know them."
"Why this argument? You don't seem insecure."
"I'm not. I go for books over looks. And I'm happy with what I am. But what I just stated is a general fact."
"I don't know what to say that. But I do know that I don't like Willow regardless of how hot she is. I like someone else."

There goes my hope. My heart stops hammering in my chest as I realize what he said. He likes someone else. All this while, the girl he chooses isn't going to be me or Willow at all, it is someone else. The pain however in my chest, was too constricting. Had I crossed the boundary of love and like in a few days?

"Aurelia."
I look upto him. He looks like such an angel when he smiles at me. But he's dangerous. Love is dangerous.
"Tell your sister to stop pursuing me. Also, may I ask you something?" He says.

I was dying to get out of the place. I'll just go home and cry. I don't want to lose it in front of him. The distance maintainence starts once more.

"Ask."
"Who is Steve?"
I snap my head at him. Too many surprises in a day.
"How do you know about him?"
"I might have read his name on the paper plane yesterday." He shrugs.
"I don't want to talk about it."
"You have to."

"Stop being so persistent Blake." I say as I start to walk past him. Instead, he pulls me back and places me against the car while keeping both his hands on the opposite sides. I am well aware of the proximity between us and I can smell his sweet, wooden cologne. My breathing shallows but Blake seems pretty calm. Stop getting ahead of yourself Aurelia, the guy isn't going to kiss you.

"Tell me about it. I told you about mt girlfriend so it's only fair if you talk about it too." He says.
I sigh.
"Steve was my ex boyfriend. The only ex I had. I met him at a medical conference. We had exchanged numbers and began texting. He would meet me twice a week and we grew quite close. I liked him a lot, loved maybe. Our relationship was on a great track. Until Steve's sixteenth birthday. He had been drifting apart from me. But on that day particularly, he broke up with me. Without a reason. I was broken. I chased him for days after that. Trying to know the reason as to why I wasn't good enough. I got it soon after. Steve left me because I was boring. I was too much in books. He wanted fun, thrill and enjoyment in life. And apparently, I wasn't enough. I have never been." I don't know when tears filled my eyes. I look at the sky and wipe my eyes. I don't dare to look at Blake. He might be thinking that I'm a loser. I continue anyways,"He even went to the extent where he said that he prefers Willow over me, who is much more better company than I'll ever be."

"Aurelia-" Blake starts but I cut him off as I sniff. "No Blake, I'm not one of those girls who need an assurance from a guy about how she is good, pretty or nice enough. I'm not a star in one of those chick flicks. I'm independent and my own hero. I can console myself and carry my baggage. I don't need you assuring me like a porcelain doll about how I'm so much more than that. I will be, I'm not now, but one day I will be more than enough."

Blake looks into my eyes. He leans in ever so slightly and I feel the tension in the air palpate. I know what might be coming next, but I still stand straight. I can't move, his gaze has captured me. He moves in and my heart thuds out of my chest as he moves in. Our hearts are wild creatures, and that's why are ribs our cages, I'd read somewhere. But all that ceases to exist when I feel his breathe fanning my face. I close my eyes.

And the next moment, I feel his lips pressing against mine.