The middle

One year later...

Aurelia

"Throw your hats up in the air!" My voice booms through the mic as the students burst into perfect harmony and the caps fly, my own joining them. I am the class valedictorian for my batch, scoring the highest marks. I get down from the stage and hug Elise and Raymond.

"It was a killer speech up there Lia." Raymond pats my back and I thank him. I walk over to where my family stands and my dad hugs me with glazed eyes.
"You were this small and look at my baby girl now." He says and I laugh.
"Wow dad, that was so cliché." I say and mum pulls me towards her.

"I'm proud of you. Somewhere I knew, you were always the most intelligent girl of your batch." She genuinely says and kisses my forehead.

Relationships do improve. Specially, when it's blood.

"Lia my darling!" I hear Willow's voice behind me and I grin. "That was one awesome speech. I put it up on Snapchat. Let people see what an amazing, fucking smart sister I have. There are 120 views already." She says checking her phone and smiling at me.

She's wearing a full sleeved t-shirt which hides her scars on the wrist. Her fashion sense is very much intact, just a little less provocative. Her make up is minimum and she looks even more beautiful. We have graduated and she's in her junior year right now.

"Didn't get your new boyfriend along?" I tease her and she rolls her eyes. "Come on Lia, boys are gross. I hate them now." She says and I laugh.
"Girls, bid your friends goodbye. Let's have lunch together!" My mum says from the other side and we say bye to everyone before heading towards my family. The photographs have already been clicked and I've met everyone present.

I walk with my family towards the car, keeping a hand around my sister's shoulder.

After twelve months, I am glad to say that things have improved. Willow and I initially took time, but we're back to our best sibling friendship. Or atleast we're on our way. I'm in zero contact with Blake. I sometimes still get sweet dreams about him but that's it. But not one day goes by that I don't think about him.

My mom has somehow started understanding me more and I'm trying to be more obedient towards her. I got accepted into Cambridge and I'm doing medical.

Willow is trying her hand at modelling and she has even landed one contract with a fairness cream. She has stayed away from boys ever since but she has certainly grown more mature.

As for me, I roam around with a broken heart bandaged and glued together. He'll be proud of me today. I just hope he's happy. That's what I live for.

•••

There will be another epilogue and an author's note. Leave whatever questions and doubts you'd like to get answered over here and I'll answer them in the last chapter.