Pleading

Aurelia
"What? What is this? Some passing and  parcel?" Blake asks, infuriated beyond doubt.
I shake my head. "Willow said...she said that if I don't leave you for her, she might try to kill herself again. She stabbed her wrist because you wouldn't go to her and now she will die! Because of me, because of us!" I explain this to him frantically.

"No. This is insane. And ridiculous. Why will I go to her? I love you and want to be with you! How many times will I have to repeat myself?" He yells. A nurse rounding about the corner stops and stares at us before walking to wherever she was going.

"But why aren't you understanding? We aren't obliged to do anything for her! Just because she asks me to go to her, there is no way in hell I'm going to be her boyfriend!" He frowns at me.

"But she'll take her own life! She's more important than the two of us being together." I try to reason with him.
"So what Aurelia? Do I have a choice or not? Am I just some doll in your hands that you can play with? Where Willow plays with me half of the day and you enjoy with me the other half? What is even left of me? I'm not a dummy Aurelia. I have feelings too. Feelings you two sisters don't care about. Ever since I've started dating you, all I want is you! But all our relationship, we've only been getting over the obstacles placed in the way by your sister. My life has become so hard. Think about this from my perspective, I've just been trapped between the two of you. I'm being pulled to both the sides and it's tearing me from within!" He shouts, placing his head in his hands and sitting on the cold, metal chair of the hospital.

I am stumped. In establishing Willow as the relationship breaker, I'd forgotten that I had been a selfish bitch too. I had unintentionally dragged Blake in my stupid family dramas and he had to endure our shit too. He always had to bear with me when I was crying. If maybe I had explained things to Willow in a better way or helped her with her obsession right from the start, this day wouldn't have arrived. All of this mess, it is my fault. I'm a fucking idiot. I slowly kneel in front of Blake and keep my hands on his knees.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was such a burden." I say genuinely, tears flooding down my face. Since the past few days, thats all I've been doing. Crying, pleading. I can't believe this is my life now. Until last year, I was a promising student with a great future ahead and no time for boys. And look at me now.

"You aren't a burden Auri and I'm sorry I said all that. All I want is you, just you. With all your flaws and your imperfections and your problems, I don't want your sister or the shit she carries in her head." He says as he pulls me up and makes me sit besides him.

"I don't want to lose Willow." I whisper.
"I'm not going to lose myself by going to her." He looks at me squarely in the eye as he says that.
"So what will we do? Things are serious and are getting out of hand here. What will Willow want more than you?" I whine.
"For both of us to stay away from each other." He said.

"Let me talk to her once more." I say.
"I need some time. I should go." Blake says and turns around to walk away.
I hold his wrist. "What should I do to make you stay?"
"Maybe respect my choices." He says without turning back. Freeing his hand from my grip, he turns about and walks off.

I wipe my face and go back to Willow's room. She is alone and upon seeing me, she sits up straighter.
"So?" She asks me.
I join my hands in front of her. "I beg of you Willow, please let us be. Blake isn't going to comply. I love him Willow, I really do. I can't live without him. Please." I say and she frowns so badly, deep wrinkles play across her face.

"You didn't do a good job." That's all she says before she picks up a random injection and pokes into her arm. I scream but by that time, Willow has already stabbed the pin into her arm. Doctors and my parents rush into the room and push me aside as they tend to her.
"You shouldn't put this type of pressure on the patient." The doctor scolds me before asking the nurse to usher me out and attenting to Willow.

I pull my hair into a tight bun and start walking towards the waiting room. I seriously don't know what to do now.

Blake
"Dad, you're home?" I ask as soon as I enter.
"Have lunch with me boy. It's been days since I last saw you."
"I need it." I sigh and sit down opposite to dad.
"Why do you look so stressed?" He asks as he ruffles my hair. His touch feels comforting and I look into my plate.

I tell him the entire story and he listens to me without interrupting me or asking any unnecessary questions. When I finish, he asks me,"Do you love Aurelia enough to sacrifice her?"
"I love her but I'm not destroying her or my life for it. Her love is a storm. She breaks, sacrifices and sweeps away all the things aside for me. Mine isn't like that. I want her and I'm not going to anyone else. Her sister is pathetic. And she thinks me breaking up with her will make all of us happy. She's being so stupid. I'm just stuck."

"I think a break is what all of you need."
"What do you mean?"