Tryst with the past

Aurelia
As my eyes meet his, I momentarily forget all that's happening around me. A flashback of all our memories, our moments, our love; it all comes rushing back. He stands there, looking cute like he always did, staring right at me and I straighten up.

Surprisingly, I don't get any feelings by looking at him. I don't feel love or affection like I did once. I don't even feel hate or contempt. I feel nothing. No emotion. He just seems like a stranger with memories now.

"Hello Steve." I say and smile. He grins back at me, surprised. He walks towards me as Elise and the others watch on.

"You look so different." He says as he refills my glass with a bottle of soda he was carrying with him. He adds,"Don't worry, I've not forgotten, you don't drink alcohol."
I automatically smile. He still remembers, that's good to know.
"What do you mean by different?" I ask.

"Your skin's more clear, you just seem to be glowing. You look beautiful, Lia." He says and I blush. I can't help it. I'm reminded of all those nice moments I've spent with him.
"Well, thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I say and he laughs.
"So, are you with someone new?" He asks me as he brings up the glass to his lips.
"Yea." I say and take a sip too, afraid something stupid will slip out of my mouth if I let my mouth stay unoccupied.

"Oh nice. Who is it?" He asks.
"I don't think you know him. He's new around here. Blake." I say and look around for Blake simultaneously. He's making his way over here.
"Agron?" Steve asks, with his eyebrows raised.
"Yes, you do know him, it seems." I say as he looks back at me.
"Yeah. He's quite popular around here. He came up to me and met me." Steve says and I almost sigh in relief. If he would have said anything about a past between them, I would have fainted due to all the drama and stress.

Meanwhile Blake reaches over to me and keeps a hand at the back of my waist. Steve notices this and averts his gaze away. I wonder if he feels anything for me now.
"Steve, we meet again. You've hosted quite a good party." Blake says and Steve smiles.
"Okay so I should get going. I've got other guests to tend to." He says and moves away. Obviously, it was getting too awkward in here.

I turn to Blake and he presses a swift kiss on my lips.
"What was that for?" I ask, thanking Steve for the dim lights that conceal my blush.
"You look irrestitable tonight." He says and I press my head to his chest. We sway along a bit to the music when I ask him,"Can we go outside to get a bit of fresh air?"
"Sure."

We move outside towards Steve's large swimming pool. Earlier, he used to stay at a smaller house, but this one is so much better. This house is right at the end of the town. Explains why I never saw him again.
I take off my footwear and dip my legs in the water, and he did the same.

"I don't how this water is warm as fuck." He says and I laugh.
"I'm thinking about the same thing." I say and he looks at me.
"Now you are. What happened? What were you thinking about before?" He asks, searching my eyes as if he'll find out all the answers in them.

"I often used to wonder what will happen when I see Steve. I thought I'll cry, or slap him, fall desperately for him again or ignore him. There were a lot of options. I didn't ever consider being cordial with him. Or he approaching me. And you know the most surprising part is, I felt nothing for him. No hatred, no anger, no love. I think I've finally moved on, in the true sense. I've forgotten him and more importantly, forgiven him." I end, all the while being stared at by Blake.

"I didn't know he was your Steve. Trust me, if I had known, I wouldn't have talked to him." He says and I look at him.
"I'm glad you did. We don't have to let him know right? And I know I shouldn't, but I enjoyed the look on his face when I told him I was dating you and you came from behind." I giggled. Ugh, I actually giggled. I make a mental note to myself to not do it again.

He gives me a small smile. "For one moment, I was afraid you would realize your feelings for him and go to him again. I've never felt more insecure in my life. All the things I've loved have somehow become all the things I've lost, and I don't want to lose you. At all."

There were so many things I wanted to say to him then. That he'll never lose me. That I'll always stay with him. That in such a short time, he's become so much more to me. My saviour, my light, my life. But since I can't find the words, I go in for the action. I lean in and kiss him, hoping to convey all the words I've always wanted to say, but couldn't get out of my lips. I hope he understands.

As we seperate, breathing shallow and troubled, I press my forehead to his. "And yes," I say,"He is not 'my Steve', you are my Blake."
And he smiles, genuinely. His smile does wonders to me. It heals my broken heart and steals it away from me.

We get up and go inside again. Steve watches us from time to time, but we forget to check upon him after a while. We're too busy talking, socializing and just being with each other. Willo asks for a dance with Blake and to my own surprise, I let her have one. Blake refuses but I insist that it's okay if he dances with her. I'm that happy.