The end

Blake
I zip down my jacket as I enter the quaint corridor. My bags are waiting packed in the car. I've already met Aurelia and I'm leaving two days earlier. The faster this happens, the lesser it'll hurt. Or so I think. There's only one small work left before I leave.

I don't knock as I enter the door. Willow is sitting upright on her hospital bed, reading a fashion magazine. Apparently, her stay in the hospital keeps getting prolonged due to not so mysterious reasons.

"Blake?" She says softly as she notices me standing there. "I knew you'd come." She smiles so brightly, like she's not ill at all.
"I never thought I'll come." I say and she giggles, forwarding her arms as if calling out to me.

"What are you waiting for? I knew you'd realize your love for me." She says when I don't move from my place.
"That's the problem with you Willow. You think the world revolves around you." I say and she gives out a throaty laugh. "Well, doesn't it?"

"That's also the difference between you and Aurelia. She gives bits and pieces of herself to the world until she's empty and you, you eat up parts of them until they're bare. I've broken up with her Willow." I say, my voice on the verge of cracking.
"For me?" She asks, feigning surprise and awe.

"Because of you. I've let go of what meant the most. But no, I'm not sacrificing my self respect by becoming your's. And how can I? I already belong to someone else." I spit out and her expression changes to pure menace.

"I just came here to tell you that I'm leaving London. I'm going to some place hopefully better than this. Just remember that you are the one who broke your sister's heart. And that even after I die, I won't ever be yours."

"You two weren't even meant for each other. If not mine, I won't even let you be her's." She growls and I smile.
"That's where you went wrong. You were always insanely jealous of her, weren't you? Why wouldn't you be? Even I admit, she's too good for me. But just try to suck it up and be happy for her, yeah?" I say and her stress levels obviously plummet because a machine next to her starts beeping.

Doctors' footsteps echo down the way so I just give her a smug grin and hurry out. I feel so badass. For the first time in the past few days, I smile. I get in my car and drive off the to airport. Not before saluting this town where my live stays. Two suitcases and one handbag are sitting behind. And one pocketful of memories.

Aurelia
I play with the ring on my finger as I stare out at the open dawn sky. Right now, Blake must be taking his boarding pass. I sigh deeply. My empty house complements my empty soul.

I don't know how I'll ever smile again. But then one thought of his and my lips curl upwards. It was a pleasure knowing him. Love doesn't mean getting to your destination. It is as beautiful when left midway. I'm not sad that I'll have to live without him. I'm glad that atleast I know what it is like to love and be truly loved back. Blake gave me the love of a lifetime, and I am eternally grateful to him for that. He left me in the best possible version of myself. He discovered me and instead of taking me along with him, he left me with me. He taught to love myself. And to be strong. And that no matter what, I am enough.

I'm back to my old 'before Blake' life. The same boring routine and lack of excitement. No fluttering butterflies, passionate love making or resounding laughter. Just me. But I do feel complete. I guess it is Blake's parting gift to me. And it is worthwhile. He was worth it. Worth all the efforts, the broken ties, the time. I hope I was worth his too.

I resign to myself when I hear the door bell ring. I lazily get up and open the door. Sitting in front of me is a big parcel. A rectangular, big, frame. I look around and see no one so I take it in. Tearing it open, I see it is my portrait, which Blake sent. As beautiful as the day it was set in his attic. A note falls out of it and I open it.

Auri,

By the time you get this, I'll be in my flight to England. You're wondering why I didn't keep this portrait. Well, I can make another one from the thousands of photographs I have of yours. Sending this to you will probably remind you of how much I love you. I always will, you know that right honeybell?

Thanks for giving me the world in a matter of few months. I can never forget you, I'm not sure if. I want to. Do not forget me as well, even though I'm just one of the many stars surrounding the moon which you are. Someday, I'll be distant. But whenever I fall, do make a wish. And I'll be next to you.

All my love,
Blake.

I feel a tingle down my spine and become aware of his presence. I smile.