The party

Aurelia
I applied faint red lipstick to go along with my knee-lenght navy blue dress. Shrugging upon a black jacket and a pair of black pumps, I was good to go. Apparently Willow was coming to this party too and she was wearing a mid thigh sparkly maroon dress.

I left my hair like they were and called up Blake.
"Yes Blake, have you left the house? Okay? Yeah soon. Bye."
He'd be here any moment now. I liked a few things about Blake more than others. How he was always so patient, so gentle and kind. Not only with me, but everyone. Well, everyone except Willow. It doesn't seem like he likes her much.

I look at myself for one last time and then turn to Willow.
"Are you done?" I ask her.
"Almost. Let me just reapply my gloss."
"Jess and Lindsay will drop you back right?"
"Yeah. Don't worry about me, I'm not going to get drunk for a long time now."

I sigh. After the incident at the last party she had been to, we had lodged a police complaint against Tom. He had been locked up for three weeks before his parents had got to bail him out. Nevertheless, I don't think he's ever going to trouble Willow again. It'd been only a month and it seems like it happened ages ago. That's the thing with time. It never waits, never delays, never compromises; it just flies away.

"Aurelia, Blake is here." Mom calls me and my hearts starts thudding at the mention of his name. I run a hand through my hair and go down after telling Willow that I'll see her later.

As expected, Blake is standing there talking to my mother. Mum looks at him with stars in her eyes as he hands her a single white rose. I like how he respects people, makes them feel important. As he looks up at me and his eyes take me in, I blush to my toes. He looks breathtaking too, but when doesn't he?

His brownish blonde hair is combed backwards in a tousled way and he's wearing a white vest with black pants, his biceps poking out. All in all, Blake Agron is very attractive. I walk down the stairs and he holds his hand out to me. Mum has disappeared inside the kitchen and I let him hold my hand. He pulls me in and his lips find my ear. Barely above a whisper, he speaks,"You look gorgeous Auri."
I find his green eyes and his magnetic smell of woodsy cologne and water pull me in, and just as our lips are about to meet, I hear someone coughing from behind.

We pull away and I look up to see Willow smirking at us with her heels dangling from her hand.
"Nice to see what was happening there." She says and smiles at us as she makes her way towards me.
"I'm sorry I interrupted a moment but I never thought I'll see you being so romantic Aurelia." She says, her lips curled upwards as she looks between me and Blake.

"Do you have a issue with that?" Blake asks her firmly and pulls me in by my waist, an action he does a lot.
"Oh me? Nah. None issues at all. By the way, both of you look good together." She compliments and I furrow my eyebrows. She confuses me. One moment, it seems like she hates our relationship and the next, she encourages us.

Her phone pings, something I'm thankful for considering how she was opening her mouth to say something.
"Oh Jess is here. I'll see you guys later then?" She says and struts off without waiting for a reply. I ask Blake if he wants water or something to eat before we leave and he declines. We too get in a car after that and he starts driving.

"Willow and you don't seem like sisters." He says as he turns the volume down.
"I know. We're complete opposites, but I love her."
"You're in a one sided relationship with her."
"How?"
"Aurelia, it's pretty clear she doesn't care for you as much as you do for her. She's self centred and the only person she loves is herself."
"Blake, it isn't like that. That's just the person she is. She behaves like that with everyone, but she loves me. I'm her sister!"
"We'll see to that." He replies shortly.

I reach out and run a hand through his hair. He relaxes under my touch and turns to me, while driving.
"You make the world a better place Auri."
I would have blushed or stuttered like an idiot at this unexpected statement, but I was slowly beginning to come to ease with him.
"And you make my world a place worth living in." I say.

We walk inside the jam packed club and sit down in a corner. From here I can see Willow standing on the stage and dancing while the audience hoots for her. She becomes the life of every party she goes to. Blake finds some of his friends and goes upto meet them before handing me his half finished drink. I place my lips on the exact spot where he had placed his and take a swig. It feels so much more intimate.

I see Elise and go to her for a chat.
"Hey El." I say an give her a small hug.
"Lia, you here? I didn't think you'll come!" She says, shocked.
I shrug, trying not to wonder much as to why she's so surprised.
"Who sent you the message for the party?" She asks.
"I think I got it from Melanie. Why, what happened?"
"Don't you know who's the host of this party?"
I was getting a bit uneasy now. I can't remember anyone whom I should have stayed away from.
"Who is it?" I ask Elise.
"You really don't know?" She gives me an incredulous look.
"Blurt it out already Elise."

"Hey, that's a surprise right there, Aurelia Ellingson? I didn't know you were here."
I froze at the sound of that voice. Just like that, all the memories came flooding back. Elise's and other people's faces blurred as I turned behind to face a dream that had turned to a nightmare.

"Steve?"