Exs'

Lovely cover by @MissMistique_
•••
Aurelia
I complete my homework and sit down to clean my little book rack. I take out all the books and dust them gently, wipe them with a wet towel and place them right back on the shelf. I take out all of them and keep them in piles. My gaze falls upon the diary kept at the last. Dust has covered the book and it looks almost ancient, but the memories are fresh as ever. I open the diary.

Steve.

The pages are filled with pictures of us, in happier times. I run my fingers along his face on the pictures. My first and only relationship. I wipe my cheeks, even though there are no tears, like if I wipe them, the tears might not flow out. We looked so happy. We were so happy. It was a fairytale that got over too fast. We all have that one thing in our life that happened, that life turning moment. The time that changes us. No matter what we do then, we can't go back to the person we once were, we change. For me, Steve Richards was that change, he was that moment, that stop in my life which changed it all together. I should tear this book, burn it or just throw it away, but I can't do that. Hearts which are broken once cannot be joined again. They can only be bandaged with false hopes and taped with excuses. I had printed out all the pictures and put them together in this, to present it to him on his sixteenth birthday. And on his sixteenth birthday, my heart got broken. I recalled the moments.

"Steve, happy birthday love." I said as I hugged him from behind. He turned around. He didn't easen up in my arms like he always did. He didn't give me his million dollar smile like he always did. He didn't look at me like I was the best thing in the world, like he always did.

"Aurelia, listen to me, I'm so sorry, but we need to break up." He solemnly said. My first reaction was to think that he was joking. I held his collar. "Steve, you're joking right, tell me you are just kidding." I said as I struggled to keep between reality and my dream world.

"I'm sorry Aurelia, I can't do this anymore." And he walked away.
Some people stamp on your foot and apologize several times, while some walk over your heart and don't even realize it.

Whoever said trampled hearts can be healed has got it all wrong. You may move on, get married, have a career, but that one little piece will always sting. That's how it has been with me. I wish I could drive the pain away, but it won't go. It belongs with me. The pain has become so much a part of me, that I've now learnt to live with it. I've come to acceptance with it, I'm adapted to it. I shut the book before it haunts me even further and keep it back under the dust, where it was and should be. I get up and go to the sleep. Routine is the only thing constant in my life.

Willow
I open the door with my personal keys and stumble inside. Little wine and I'm already feeling light headed. I'm not drunk or high, just carefree. I walk inside and immediately remove my heels as their clicking noise might disturb mom, dad or Aurelia. I go to the room and head straight to the bathroom. Under the shower, I go over the details of today's date. Brad Shaw, captain of senior football team. Sure, he is hot in a bulky sort of way, but so not my type. I mean, I've gone out with a lot of guys, but none of them have managed to hit me right on the heart. None of them have managed to actually charm Willow Ellingson. The date was okayish, we went to a fast food diner, had grisly burgers, it doesn't matter, I'm not a big fan of money anyways. After that, we had a drive, ate some icecream and I gave him a pecky kiss near the children's garden. He was happy with it though. I get out of the shower and tiptoe to my bed, in hopes not to wake up Aurelia. I just hit my head on the pillow when I hear a calm voice from the opposite bed.

"How was the date junior Ellingson?" She asks. I bite my lip. She's too damn smart. "You know how it would have been." I flop down on the bed. She peeks out from underneath the covers. "Why do you go out with dumb brainless jocks anyways?" I ask her. "Because all the nice guys seemed to have vanished off the face of the Earth." I say as I prop myself up on my elbow. "Do you miss Max?" I look at her queerly. The mention of his name is still like a dagger turning around in my heart, but I grin widely at her. "Why are you asking? Are you in love again?" I ask, knowing it's a touchy subject for her too, but there's nothing we two cannot talk about. "Just like that. Did Tom kiss you?" she asks. "Yeah." I say nonchalantly. "Come on Willow, stop doing that. Someday you might have to end up with STD or something like that." She says. "Eh. Kissing doesn't transmit diseases. And anyways, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince." I say as I play with the threads on the pillow cover. "You have to kiss frogs, not fuck the entire pool." She says with amusement. I scowl at her. "You know I'm a virgin, and I'm not planning on losing it any soon." She grins. "Just kidding. I was only warning you. That before you jump in my bed, my advice jumps into your head." I turn around and pull the covers. "No thanks for the advice." I say and she laughs behind me as the dim light gets switched off.
___________________________
Thinking of doing something with Always, suggestions please xx