The beginning

Willow given above.

•••

Five years later...

Aurelia

I flip through the pages of a fashion magazine kept outside my clinic. Generally, I would have been annoyed about the issue that who even keeps fashion magazines in a hospital? But I pick it up and stare at the cover.

Because right on the cover, looking beyond gorgeous is my sister with thick waves and a beautiful pink dress sprawled on Vogue. Written below is: Willow Ellingson on the success that kissed her at 21.

You can only imagine how insanely proud I am. I smile as I take the magazine and put it up in my library which is otherwise filled with medical books.

Also, art books. Blake Agron is a famous artist, with works being displayed in every part of the world but the artist himself never attends them. There are rumours that he's going out with girls but he slams them all. His success makes me happy. I have every book of his, every article and interview memorised. He was meant to be famous.

"Ms. Ellingson." My assistant's voice shakes me from my reverie.
"Come in Maddy." I say and she walks in.
"Your patient Mr. Mayer's father has sent this congratulatory gift for saving his son's life. Also, your appointment for the counselling of Mrs. Thorne is in thirty minutes." She says and I nod. She leaves handing me the flowers and card. I keep the flower and read the thank-you card. My heart swells with happiness. How wonderful is this feeling to find your joy in other's.

I am a psychologist with my own clinic in a hospital. After what happened to Willow five years back, I have made it a point to help people with their minds. It's the easiest thing to lose after all. I take off my glasses and go downstairs.

I walk by the lawn and out of the gate. This part is extremely surreal, with bare trees and concrete roads. The street is empty but then I see someone walking towards me. I stop in my tracks as our eyes meet.

Blake Agron.

He stops a mere few feet away from me and I feel as if the ground beneath me would give away and I'll fall. He looks the same, only there is a slight stubble on his face and his eyes are greener, if that's possible.

"Blake."
"Aurelia." His voice gives me goosebumps and I wonder whether I should jump on him, talk or simply run away.
"How are you?" He asks.
"Now, I'm good."
"There's a Burger King around here. Wanna come?"
"I stopped going there after you."
"But I'm here now." He says and his lips curl up in a smile.

I look up at him.

And I smile too.

The End