Chapter Twenty-Two

Louis Tomlinson

Later that night, Harry and I lay outside in the grass by the lake, his eyes on the stars above; and mine on his.

"How's Gemma doing?" I asked quietly.

He turned to face me, "she's ok. She said she was gonna go stay with mum soon."

"She asked you to come, didn't she?" I asked.

He nodded, "how'd you know?"

"She texted me," I replied with a small smile. "She said she wanted me to ask you if you'd consider it."

Harry smiled a little and looked back up at the stairs, "I was considering it, actually."

"Were you?" I lay my head against his as I studied his gorgeous profile illuminated by the moonlight.

"Yeah, if... if you'd go with me," he glanced back.

I smiled a little, "I'd love to, yeah. I'd be offended if you didn't ask me, given I took you to see my mum and sisters."

Harry chuckled a little, "that was amazing, Lou. You have no idea."

"They really like you," I said quietly, "a lot. My mum texted me this morning asking how you were. She seems to every day now... asking how I am and how is Harry my amazing boyfriend."

"You're joking, right?" He laughed.

"No," I grinned, "I'm serious. She's calling you her son already. It's crazy."

"Wow," he sighed smiling, "that's amazing."

"Well, I mean, you're Gemma's sister. And she loves Gemma," I said softly, "she's probably convinced it's destined by now. That's my mum."

Harry's eyes were on mine when I finished talking. He was studying over every inch of my face.

"What?" I whispered.

"Nothing," he whispered back, "just... thinking she's probably right... about the destiny thing."

I let a small grin escape my lips as he kept watching me, no walls put up around himself.

"You think that?" I asked, "this is so insane, Harry...."

"I know," he nodded a little, "but it's nice to feel for once, Lou..."

I bit my lip, trying to hide my smile because he was drunk and high and I knew what was coming... he was a sappy little shit when he was like this. Either he was talking too much, or fucking too much. That was Styles.

"To feel like you've just come up for air in so long," he carried on, his eyes darting across the stars above.

"I can imagine that must feel wonderful," I whispered, taking his hand, "you're incredible, you know."

His dimples shown as he smiled, "and you're too wonderful for words."

I smirked as Harry rolled over and placed his head on my chest, his curls tickling my nose. I traced my fingers through them trying to smooth them.

"You should really start seeing yourself like I do," I whispered to him, kissing his head gently.

He turned so he was facing me, a smile from ear to ear, "you seeing me like you do is enough for me. It's enough to make me feel like I'm incredible, honestly."

"Why is that? I'm not anyone of importance myself," I said smirking.

"You're more important than you realize," Harry stated, his long fingers tracing over the stubble on my chin and jaw, "it's like... it's like being dead inside for so long... feeling like there's no life in you... you're empty, you're used up... you feel nothing..."