Chapter Eighteen

Louis Tomlinson

I woke up the next morning to a knock on the bedroom door. I shifted out from under Harry's legs gently and threw on my boxers, Harry still snoring away.

"Yeah?" I whispered and opened the door to see Zayn.

"Come here, "he said quietly. I followed him back to the living room and the news was on. They were reporting on the robbery.

"Ohhhh, nice," I mumbled, crossing my arms and watching it. Then, I heard them mentioning a gang from Peckham saying they thought they were to blame for it. "What the fuck?"

"Yep," Zayn nodded slowly, "they're being questioned."

"That's good or bad?" I asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure," Zayn sighed.

"Harry said they knew that Darren bought him the house," I said quietly looking at him.

Zayn turned to me surprised, "what?"

I nodded, "yeah, said they found out he had protected him."

"Oh, that's just fucking grand," Zayn mumbled lowly. "They fucking seen us there. They could easily point this to us."

I stayed quiet and turned my attention back to the tv. They began mentioning Calvin and his charge back in June of 2011... then, they showed Jeff on the screen. He was actually quite handsome. And for some reason, I could see Harry in his smile.

"He was a great friend," Zayn whispered.

"Harry said he was amazing," I said softly, "he talked about all the things they used to do."

Zayn nodded a little, breaking his eyes away from the tv, "they were inseparable from the beginning."

"I'm guessing you knew him well, too?" I asked him.

"I did, yeah," he replied and picked up his cigarettes. I followed him out on the balcony while he passed them to me.

"Louis," he started while he glanced off down the street, "when I first met you, and I seen Harry looking at you like he did... it reminded me of them. Don't take that the wrong way..."

"No," I shook my head.

"Let me explain this better," Zayn sighed, "you didn't remind me of Jeff... I mean, yeah, your personalities are similar. Harry loves you... he loves you like he's never loved anyone. This goes beyond Jeff... I've never seen him look at someone like he does you. I knew you were special to him."

I smiled as he went on.

"You're all I've heard about. Harry is finally happy like he used to be, except even more. He cared about Jeff a lot, but I don't think he realized what love was until he met you."

I grinned even more as I stared off, "he means a lot to me."

"I know he does," he nodded slowly, "and I'm glad it's you."

"So," I started, "what happens if Mark and the others tell it was us?"

"There's no evidence in that flat that points to them," Zayn started explaining, "they know they'll get off easy... and they take care of things away from the police."

"So, you're telling me they'll look for us," I said, "cause they know it was us?"

"We had on everything that matches a burglary," he sighed, "yeah, they'll know, if the gits know Darren bought the fucking house for Harry. It only makes sense..."

"They're gonna think we set them up," I almost exclaimed.

Zayn pointed at me, "glad you caught that."