Chapter Three

Louis Tomlinson

Few moments later, we had piled in Harry's convertible and headed towards downtown London to a pub they frequently went to. We all 3 shared a joint that Harry had brought and Niall was in laughing fits over the most dumbest shit. But I was so high so I laughed at how stupid he sounded and Harry telling me how stupid he always sounded on weed.

We arrived at a pretty upscale pub, joining up with Liam and Zayn. We all were seated at a table drinking rounds, laughing and talking about everything.

Harry was really high and drunk and was now dancing on the floor with a lot of people looking like he was having a wonderful time.

"You and Harry have gotten pretty close," Zayn spoke up beside me.

I looked at him while Liam and Niall were talking and laughing, "uh, yeah, we have."

I looked down at my drink as Zayn kept staring at me, "look, Harry's a great guy, he really is. But there's a lot to him. A lot you don't know."

"Like what?" I asked turning to him. I already knew he had a different side I wasn't aware of.

"I'm not gonna explain it to you because it's his place," he said quietly while looking at Harry dancing. "Just wanna say that I know... he likes you a lot. He's not usually like this with anyone."

"He's had close friends, "I said, "hasn't he?"

"Not like you," he grinned a little, "you're different. To him."

"He's never had a guy like me?" I asked.

"No, not really," he replied, "he made a good choice though. You seem like a great guy."

I smiled and looked up at Harry, "thanks, I suppose."

After a few minutes, a familiar face walked in and to our table. It was professor Johnson.

"Hey lads," he spoke up smiling at us.

"Darren, hey," Liam greeted.

And now I knew who Darren was. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to force a smile.

"Mind if I sit?" He asked. Niall scoot over and he took a seat across from me, "good to see you again, Louis."

"Uh, you too," I said looking over at Harry who was still oblivious to Darren's presence.

"Would've been here sooner but had too many papers to grade," he said, a server coming over and sitting down more beers. "How are you liking the university, Louis?"

"Uh, it's been brilliant," I replied looking back at him.

"Better than your other? Seems you've made great friends here."

Zayn rolled his eyes and drank his ale.

"Yeah, the lads, especially Harry, have been very accepting," I spoke up with confidence as I stared back at this 30 something year old professor.

He nodded at me as Harry walked up. He took a seat by me not even glancing at Darren. He grabbed my ale and drank it down really fast.

"Want me to order another?" I smirked.

"No, I've had enough," he grinned. He was completely wasted and high. "I'll never be able to drive at this point."

"I'd say not," I nodded laughing, "I'll drive it. I'm fine."

"You sure about that?" He grinned beautifully.

"Harry, care to go smoke?" Darren interrupted.

Harry looked over at him, his smile gone again. He nodded a little and sighed, "be right back, Lou."