Chapter Forty-Six

Louis Tomlinson

"You're out of your mind," Niall was nearly yelling as we were putting up boxes in the flat that evening.

"Tell us what other option we have," Zayn said back before looking at Harry, "but you're not going alone. He isn't stupid, Harry. Do you think he'll expect you to show up alone?"

"Isn't that kinda the point?" Harry asked, "make him think I'm alone?"

"No," I said quickly, "you're not doing it without us... you won't go anywhere near him alone... Harry, there's no telling what he'll do to you..."

"How else are we going to do this?" Harry asked me, "I'd love to know, Lou. Just call him up and tell him a few of us want to beat the shit out of him?"

I stayed quiet and took a box up to our room, sitting it down on the unmade bed.

"What do you suggest?" Harry spoke up from the doorway, "wait until he does something first?"

"Harry, he's gonna know something is up the second you text him," I looked back at him, "you know he suspects you to."

Harry nodded a little, "wonder if he suspects me to just show up at his flat one night... say, after a class?"

"You... you can't kill him in that building," I said seriously, "they'd take us all in."

"Then, what?" He asked, "tell me a reasonable plan here..."

"There's not a reasonable plan for killing someone," I spoke over him. "Alright? We kill him, we either die or we end up in jail..."

"So, I'm supposed to pretend like he didn't kill Jeff," Harry nodded at me, "I... I can't do that. And if he's planning to come for either of us, Lou, I will kill him. I'm not playing."

I stared back at him, knowing how much he meant that now, "you actually want him dead, don't you?"

Harry stayed still for a moment, then finally nodded, "I do... and I want to do this the easiest way to keep it off of us."

"How... how do we?" I asked. "Gloves and stuff, yeah, but he's a respected professor at London University... his death is going to be fucking suspicious."

"I know," Harry replied slowly, "but... I think he deserves it, Lou."

I shook my head slowly, knowing that I agreed with him... but the fact that we were planning this... I couldn't believe it had come to this. What if Harry, or any of us, went to prison?

I got that Harry wanted revenge for what happened to Jeff; that made perfect sense. But I knew also how much Harry never wanted to hurt anyone... it was rather shocking for him to be this way. It wasn't who he normally was.

And maybe he had finally reached that point where he really didn't care if Darren died... because he knew if he died, then his own troubled mind would die with him. And he would finally feel a lot freer.

"I think you should think this through more," I finally told him. "Alright?"

Harry didn't say anything. He started hanging up clothes and I hated the tension.

"Harry, I know you're angry," I started.

"Of course I'm fucking angry," he almost yelled, "he's gotten away with all of this, Lou... I just... I can't help but feel like he deserves some sort of justice."

"Harry," I started quietly, "I'm sorry... I am. But acting out of anger isn't going to get you anywhere... it could be a really bad thing..."