Chapter Forty-Five

Harry Styles

"You sure you want to wait 4 hours?" I asked Louis as I got dressed for another session, "Lou, you don't have to do this every time."

"Harry, you're going nowhere without me," he replied, his hands on his hips in front of me.

I fixed my boots and looked up at him, "don't think I can take care of myself?"

"No," he said, "I think you can... I just... I worry."

"So, what... every time I leave the apartment I'm supposed to have protection now?" I raised an eyebrow and fixed my button up shirt in the mirror, rolling the sleeves up.

"Do you think that's a bad idea?" He asked me.

"Let me guess... you guys discussed this," I looked back at him, "why am I not surprised."

"Harry," he sighed, "look, they all mean well..."

"Whose idea was it to give me a babysitter?" I called to the boys in the living area.

They all 3 looked up at me from the sofa.

"It was mine," Zayn turned back to the tv.

"Really? I'm 20 years old and you want to give me a babysitter," I said seriously, "please tell me why exactly, Zayn."

"Because you and I both know what this bastard is gonna do," he looked back at me, "he's watching you... you know he is. You slip up once, Harry, and you might not come back."

"Why do you say that?" I asked confused, "you think he's going to kill me, too?"

"Didn't you already think that?" Zayn looked back, "I thought it the second we stopped beating the shit out of him."

Niall and Liam stayed quiet beside him.

"Wow... ok, so I guess I need to hire security," I managed to say finally, smiling a little. "This is going to get old real quick, you know."

"See you two in about 4 hours," Niall waved to us as we walked to the door.

Louis and I took a cab to the therapist's office and he took a seat in the waiting room with his phone. I had no clue why he would ever want to wait as long as he did.

The therapist and I talked over a lot that day... mostly him explaining to me why I still did hold feelings for Darren; they weren't feelings I wanted to feel, and he said some victims felt that way and some didn't; some victims were willing to feel for that person... I wasn't one of those. I didn't want to willingly feel anything for him.

It was hard to open up about all of this with someone who I hardly knew, but the deeper we went into the subject, the easier it seemed to get. Because he could explain to me why I felt the way I did; why I felt like that part of my life would never leave.

When it had finally ended, I felt loads better. I met Lou out front and he noticed the smile on my face.

"Good session?" He asked me.

"Yeah, actually, it was," I nodded.

Louis threw his arm around my waist as we walked outside. We stopped for coffee across the street, Louis standing in line ordering for us both. He knew me well by now.

"So, discuss some of it," Louis said as we waited.

"Uh, he.. he just went into why I still struggle with things... how I have to change my mindset... had to learn how to," I replied slowly.