Chapter Thirty-Eight

(Recommend this song for this chapter, especially towards the end.)

Louis Tomlinson

Louis Tomlinson

"Louis,
I'm really sorry I didn't wake you. I know you're going to be really pissed at me for not allowing you to go with me. It's not that I didn't want you to. It's more about me needing to do this myself. I hope you can understand that.

I've lost myself, yet, while I stand here jotting this down for you in an attempt to keep you from getting Niall to drive you to find me, I realize that I'm slowly finding me. And it's amazing that you have found yourself. I have no idea how I could have helped you become yourself. But I am honored it was me. I promise.

So, please, text me. I promise I'm coming back. And I hope you will really understand why I did this alone. Because circles are meant to be broken. Patterns are meant to be changed. (I found that note in your pocket by the way. I'm glad you kept it.)

Love you. H "

I wiped my eyes slowly as I finished Harry's note, Niall standing a few feet away, his arms crossed and his face miserable.

"Wow," I managed to say out loud, my eyes staying on the H at the end. It wasn't like me to cry in front of anyone, but this was different.

"How long ago did he leave, Niall?" I asked him, finally looking back at him.

"Bout 2 hours ago," he replied, "I'm waiting on a text from Zayn."

"Zayn?" I asked, "why Zayn?"

"Because he texted me and told me he was going for Harry," he whispered. "Said he was going to Darren's to get him."

I closed my eyes and sighed, so many horrible thoughts crossing my mind; was Harry alright? Was he still there? Was he hurt?

I tried not to let the anger get the best of me, though it was becoming harder with every passing second. I wanted to scream; I wanted to throw everything I fucking could.

What if something really bad had happened? And he had went without me? What if he had went and I never saw him again? My mind was filled with horror as I stood there, my fingers to my lips, trying to remain calm.

I walked back to the bedroom and grabbed my phone, dialing Harry's number immediately. He probably knew that I would.

It rang about 4 times and he finally picked up, "you're awake."

I felt more at ease hearing his deep voice on the other end. I sighed out and bit my lip, thankful he was ok.

"You're alright," I said into the phone, Niall standing in the doorway listening, "Harry, why the fucking hell..."

"Did you read the note?" He asked me.

"I... I did," I managed to reply quietly, "but you could've been killed..."