Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Recommended songs)

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

"Let me follow you," Zayn kept insisting as we stopped in front of Gemma's building.

"I'll be ok," I glanced up at him, "thanks, man. Really."

"Harry," he sighed, "you're carrying a lot of shit on you. You cannot do this alone."

"Nothing is gonna happen to me between here and there," I said, "he's not going to do anything to me."

"You don't know that," Zayn replied and I could tell he was getting angry, "I don't want... I don't want anything happening to you again."

"Nothing will happen," I said slowly, "Darren hasn't been an ass at all... I mean, his texts haven't been off. He seems fine..."

"God," Zayn shook his head, "Harry, he took you to his fucking house in Holmes Chapel and used you... and you sit here and talk about him like he's fucking normal. Newsflash: he isn't normal."

"I know he isn't," I sighed and rubbed my head, "but... I just have a feeling it'll be alright. I'll have my phone, alright?"

Zayn didn't look convinced at all. I looked down at my phone, Darren saying he would be here shortly.

Zayn lit a cigarette and sighed it out, "can I get out and say something?"

I looked back at him, "Zayn..."

"I've got a gun," he said casually, as if we were discussing the weather.

"Jesus," I said my eyes wide, "get real here. You can't do that in the middle of fucking London."

"You can take it with you," he looked back at me.

"I'm not doing that," I almost shouted at him.

Zayn sighed and nodded, "I'm sorry... I shouldn't even think that way. It's hard not to."

"I can't do that," I said quieter, "I don't want to go to jail over him."

"I will," he looked back at me, his face staying serious. He really meant it.