Chapter Nineteen

Harry Styles

"What do we do with his things?" Zayn was asking me while I finished packing up 2 suitcases. 3 pair of boots for a few days, I'd survive.

"I say we stash it in the closet," I pointed over, "she won't look in here. She won't go through our things."

"Yeah, but all of that other stuff?" He asked lower. I looked back up at him, "should we really leave all of that here?"

"Do you have a better place?" I asked him.

He shrugged a little, "I can find someone who can take it."

"Ok, well, that's fine with me," I replied and continued folding shirts.

"What are you planning on telling Gemma?" He asked quietly.

"Uh, that we're gonna take a holiday to Ireland," I shrugged, "she'll believe it."

"When's Liam and Louis getting back with the bloody food?" Niall yelled from the sofa.

"Patience, fuck," Zayn mumbled back to him. I just smiled and finished packing. "Do you think the bastard's gonna know it was you, Harry?"

I looked up from my suitcase, "I... I don't know. I'm doubting it, to be honest. He wouldn't.. he'd never think I was capable of that."

"Has he contacted you?"

I stared down at my suitcase again, doing my best to lie, "not yet."

Zayn nodded a little, "alright... well, look, if you need to talk, I'm here, alright?"

"Thank you," I said softly, "Zayn... I know I've never thanked you for always being here for me. So, thanks, man. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth about everything."

"Did you like him?" He asked crossing his arms, "be truthful."

"I... I don't know," I sighed, "I... I just liked the things he gave me. And the company. I didn't 'like' him, I guess. I just sorta... got caught up in him, if that even makes sense."

"I got it," he nodded, "but if you didn't care, why'd you keep him around? Don't get pissed at me for asking..."

"I'm not," I mumbled, "don't... don't repeat this to Lou..."

Zayn shook his head, "never."

I bit my lip and exhaled slowly, "I... I was infatuated with him. And he knew it. I told him I was. That... that sorta set the stage for his behavior. When I tried to be just friends, it didn't go over well. So, I gave in to him. Wasn't that hard to... I mean, I used to enjoy it. But that all changed..."

"Cause of Louis?"

I nodded a little, "cause of Louis, cause of a lot of things... But, truth is, yeah, I hate what he's put me through, but... I don't know if I want him out of my life fully..."

"Are you fucking crazy?" Zayn raised his voice.

"Oi, what's going on?" Niall spoke up.

"Nothing,"I yelled back and went back to folding shirts to put in my suitcase, Zayn's eyes still burning on me.

"Harry, how?"

"I... I don't expect you to get it," I mumbled, "just... don't say anything."

"Alright," he whispered, "but you're fucking insane. This guy is a fucking stalker and has attacked you so many times... yet, you're still saying you want him in your life."