Chapter Thirty-Six

Harry Styles

I felt my phone buzzing by my head and opened my eyes, trying to focus on the screen. It was really early still, I knew. Louis and I hadn't come back from the flat until nearly 4 am. I felt like I had just fallen asleep, although sleeping didn't come easy at all.

I picked up the phone and saw 3 missed calls from Niall and then a text saying, "Harry, let me in."

I got up quickly, but trying not to wake Louis. I slipped my boxers back on and went to open Gemma's door to see Niall standing there giving me a miserable look.

"How long have you been here?" I asked before yawning.

"Like 15 minutes," he replied as he walked in with his bags, "did you lads not get my message saying I was coming back?"

"I... I haven't really checked my phone," I replied rubbing my eyes, "sorry, man. Been avoiding it."

"It's alright," he shrugged and threw his stuff onto the sofa, then turned to me, "Zayn asked me to come back."

"Why?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Said I needed to keep Louis company," he told me, "I don't know what's going on, Harry, but whatever it is, it doesn't feel right."

"It's not," I mumbled back, "so, Zayn asked you to keep Louis company today?"

Niall nodded a little and stared at me, "I'm not gonna ask why... it's not really my business... but..."

"Darren found out it was us who broke into his house," I admitted to him, "or, well, me anyways. I don't know if he knows Zayn and Louis were there."

"He knows?" Niall asked through wide eyes, "what... what's he going to do about it?"

I bit my lip and thought over how to explain it, without telling the complete truth, "I have to meet Zayn to get the stuff back from him. I'll cost Darren a lot of money if I don't. So, Zayn is getting it and I'm taking it back to him."

"And that's it?" Niall asked, "he's just going to take it back and let you off the hook completely?"

I didn't say anything. I kept my eyes on the floor while Niall's eyes stayed on me.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Niall said finally, "look, maybe someone should go with you to meet him..."

"No," I interrupted, "he asked me to bring it. I'm not taking anyone. It wouldn't end well, Niall. You know that."

"You're damn right, it wouldn't," Niall almost snapped, "if the 4 of us go with you..."

"Stop," I said back looking up at him, "you know if the 4 of you went, you'd kill him."

Niall stayed still for a second, then finally managed to nod, "yeah, well, he'd deserve it, in my book."

"I've... I've gotta go meet Zayn in just a few minutes," I started, trying my best to change the subject, "I know Lou is going to be pissed at me for leaving him here..."

"That's why I'm here," Niall stated, "look, I'll do my best to keep him here... can't make any promises."

I nodded and I went back into the bedroom, Louis still snoring from under the covers. I dug out some clothes, opting for one of my sheer button ups and skinny jeans.

I loved dressing up; for me, it had always been more of an escape because I could dress and make myself look like a well off, happy young man... even though that was far from the truth.

I could put on any fancy shirt, or pair of boots, and walk around looking as if I did have it all. And I had done that for so long; it was part of the front I had put on for years.