Chapter Thirty-Three

(I recommend listening to Coldplay's Spies for this chapter. Makes it much better.)

Harry Styles

I woke up the next morning, my eyes still really heavy. I felt like complete shit. I sat up a little and looked around the room wondering if maybe I had dreamed it happening to me. Yeah, that was it... it was a dream.

I tried to reach over to grab my phone to see if I had texts from Darren from the night before. I wanted to convince myself I had dreamed everything... not that I remembered half of it.

I was hit suddenly with soreness when I stretched out my arm. I managed to scoot up some more, my arms feeling like bricks, and I slowly looked over my chest under my shirt. I had no bruises that I could see. My mind was still cloudy and things felt foggy; I knew I didn't dream it. It happened. These felt like the after effects of the drug.

I pushed my hair back slowly, taking in a deep breath before picking up my phone. He hadn't texted me yet... he probably was going to soon, I knew.

I tossed my phone on the bed and placed my hands over my face, closing my eyes and trying to stay relaxed. I didn't need to have an attack at this very moment.

I still felt very emotionless about it all. My body was still numb from what I had taken. I knew I couldn't be around my mum this way... she'd know I had done something in a heartbeat; I didn't want to do that to her. She didn't deserve to feel like I was disrespecting her in her own home.

So, I scoot back down in the covers, my body still aching, and I tried to lie still and fall asleep again. Maybe I could convince Louis I needed to sleep in all morning; maybe by the afternoon I'd feel normal again.

But he wanted to go sight seeing... suddenly, that didn't seem as important to me. Maybe because I knew what deep shit I was in now because I had confessed that I robbed his flat. I wouldn't live this down... if he needed another reason to blackmail me into seeing him, he found it.

I wasn't about to tell him that it was actually Zayn who wanted to rob his place; that would only make him go after Zayn. I didn't want anything happening to him, so I took the heat for it... because I knew that it was Darren. He would settle with me much easier than he would Zayn. Darren hated Zayn with a passion; he always had.

I rubbed my eyes slowly trying to recollect memories of being brought back.

I couldn't remember much of anything, but one thing stood out to me. We were driving back and I remembered Darren talking to someone on speaker and them saying, "you said you wouldn't hurt him!"

That was all that stood out to me... I was seated in the passenger's seat completely out of it, but I remembered hearing that voice on his phone; I knew that I knew that voice. It wouldn't come to me though because I was so out of it when I heard it.

I needed to remember it, but how could I make myself? Whoever it was, they cared about me to a certain degree. It was apparent the way they were screaming at Darren over me. But who was it?

I sighed and closed my eyes, but my phone buzzed beside me. I picked it up and I saw Zayn's name.

"How's Holmes Chapel?" His text read.

I got up slowly, my body aching as I moved. I was still in the clothes I had worn to Darren's. It was a good thing Louis hadn't woken up yet because this didn't look good, that's for sure. I had no way of explaining why I was in my boots either.

I tried to take them off as quickly as possible, but the pain was making it hard to move very fast. How did I expect to act normal when I couldn't even undress myself properly?