Chapter Twenty-Nine

Harry Styles

"Niall, are you trying to burn the bloody house down?" Louis' laughter downstairs was the first thing I woke up to the following morning.

The clock on the bedside table said nearly 9. Louis and I had made it back to bed around 2:30 in the morning.

I turned over on my back and smiled as I thought of the night before. Every minute with Louis had been special so far, but last night had made me feel even closer to him. I never in a million years saw myself pouring out my heart like I had with him. I never saw myself with someone like him.

I had no way of explaining the connection that he and I instantly shared upon meeting; there really was no way of explaining it. I was convinced now that out of the billions of people in the world, Louis Tomlinson was the missing piece of me. There really was no doubt in my mind.

I knew that he felt the exact same; after all, he got a compass to match my ship, and a rope that matched the anchor on my wrist. How was I fortunate enough to have someone like him?

He cared about me. He loved me. Even though he knew everything about my past, how many times I had fucked up, he saw past it all and still loved me for me. I couldn't comprehend it, but I was beginning to learn how to. And it was because of him.

He had changed every aspect of my life; he had made me want to change. When he walked into my life that first day, he brought with him not only feelings of happiness and joy for me, but he also brought with him a future... my future. Our future.

I smiled even bigger while I lay there thinking of having our own place, even getting married if that's what he wanted. I knew I'd marry him in a heartbeat. Maybe we'd even start a family together... 2 or 3 kids running around our house. And we would just do normal parenting stuff like teaching our children how to ride a bike, or play football because that would be at the top of Louis' list, I was sure of it.

Then, at Christmas time, we could take our kids to his family's and then to my family's. We'd probably even stay up late on Christmas Eve, Louis' birthday, getting the gifts from "Santa" all put under the tree. And once we had finished our work, the two of us could spend time in bed with wine celebrating the remaining hours of his birthday.

It all sounded so brilliant to me. Being with him was the only thing I cared about now.

My phone sounded from the table and brought me back to reality; I knew who it was before I even looked.

I sat up and picked it up, seeing Darren's name. He was asking when I was coming back to London because he wanted to talk to me. I had ignored every message he had sent since being here, even after running into him. I had no idea if he was even still here. And I honestly didn't care anymore. I thought that maybe, if I kept ignoring him he would eventually give up... it had never worked for me before but I was going to do my best to make it work this time.

The bedroom door opened and I looked up to see Louis staring back at me smiling.

"Look who's awake," he grinned.

"Yeah, surprising, right?" I smirked and put my phone back down.

"Did he text you again?" He asked quietly as he walked over to me.

I nodded a little and sighed, "he asked when I would be back in London because he wants to talk."

Louis was standing in front of me, his hands on his hips, "did you answer?"

"No," I replied looking up at him, "I haven't... I haven't texted him since we've been here. I don't plan on it."

"That's probably for the best," Louis whispered.