Chapter 71: Towards a New Year!

The countdown is coming to a close, and nothing but patience is the key♡ Vote/comment, loves :)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I approached the woman chopping some vegetables on the marble, and hugged her carefully from behind, inhaling her sweet scent.

"God the food smells good!" I murmured with excitation.

Vanessa Thorne chuckled, and laid slightly back towards me, "It does?! Oh well, it's because I put my heart into it!"

I giggled, "I got no doubt in that!"

The world actually started becoming a bit better in my eyes since yesterday ─night, to be specific.

Rickard Ellington Conway brought me home before midnight, just as he promised, and he also promised he'd take me to see the fireworks which will be fired as a celebration for the beginning of the New Year, tonight.

Somehow I gave it a deep thought yesterday, and reached the conclusion that it might actually not be so bad to stay this way, and start adapting again.

After all, if I don't regain my memories, the intriguing cold man won't go back to being my employer, and just my employer.

I also kind of started getting used to the family aura all around this house. Although there weren't much occupants, Vanessa Thorne and Theodore Thorne did provide me with warmth somehow.

"Don't forget to call Katy and Jaden for the New Year's evening tonight, especially since Katy's family is not around, I don't want her to be alone!" Vanessa Thorne's voice snapped my thoughts to earth again.

I fidgeted, "Uh-Uhmm, well..." I smiled nervously.

She raised an eyebrow at me, "What's wrong, dear?" she murmured, as she turned the heat off from under what she was cooking on fire.

I let go of her, and ran my hands through my hair in uncertainty, "I have made plans at midnight, actually." I bit my lip nervously.

She froze for a second, and then shot me a mischievous look, "Mr. Conway?"

I flushed for a second, and then quickly turned away.

"It-It's just gonna be for thirty minutes... He'll just take me to see the fireworks, so I thought I should tell you..." I whispered, unsure.

Vanessa Thorne turned around at that, "Oh I was surprised he even brought you back before midnight yesterday," she smirked, "So I kind of do not find it so weird today for him to take you out during midnight too!"

I blinked at her, naÏvely, "Huh? What does that mean?"

She chuckled, "Oh come on, Cherry, Rickard Ellington Conway is a man. We both ─well, maybe only I, know that he must possess a remarkable self-control to have you sticking to him until almost midnight without him even touching you, dear."

I blinked several times at that, and then gasped. A blush crept over my face, and I flushed deeply.

"M-Mom!" I whined, "I cannot believe you actually thought that!"

She only smiled, and then approached me to cup my face again, "Although I'm interested, Cherry, how long will he resist?" she mused.

I flushed deeper, and my cheeks felt like they'll explode.

"I-I..." I stuttered, "I don't even know what you're talking about!" I backed a step away, and she just chuckled.

"I'll call Katy and Jaden!" I announced, it's okay I'm only leaving for thirty minutes, as for the rest of the night I'm here.